Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil Wand

The Schlitzie

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys, my wife is a big fan of the show "Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil" cartoon and I decided I wanted to make her a prop from the show so I decided to make Star's wand from the first season. I started out with two .79 cent potted plant bases ( I figured this would save me a lot of time fabricating something from scratch) and I cut a slot to run a pvc pipe up through the middle. I built a few wood supports inside and epoxied the whole thing together and then started layering bondo around the edge to get that nice rounded shape that the wand has.

(sorry for the messy workspace! I'm in a rush to complete a few projects before a Con.)

FINISHED PICS!!

20170317_212633_resized.jpg20170317_212655_resized.jpg

20170216_232451_resized.jpg20170216_232515_resized.jpg

I then started making the stars for either side. They are slightly 3 dimensional and faceted like jewels so I made a large star and then a smaller one for the center and then used layers of filler for the transition.

20170216_232611_resized.jpg20170220_132338_resized.jpg

The wing parts are just cut out of a thick sintra as well as the butterfly shapes. The crown part I made using a small section of pvc pipe.

20170220_163302.jpg

Here's a quick mockup of the parts and were I'm at with it at the moment. I still need to make the ring parts that go around the stars and attach the heart bit at the pommel of it. Any other details will be painted on.

Last edited:
I did a test paint on a foam wand I made. I think I got the colors pretty close!

20170226_152333.jpg

I still need need to fabricate the ring around the star on my "hero" version and then I can get to painting and wrap this project up.

Last edited:
Thank you!
Looks great, dude!

Thanks! I might tackle another of her wands and Ludo's skull helmet at some point.
Nice to see a Star vs the Forces prop, it looks good, colours are spot on. A really simple build too, great work :)

Thanks, I like the show. It's good to know I'm not the only one either. You should give it a shot, it's a pretty straightforward build.
Looks great and cuti ^^

it's nice to see that i'm not alone here with such props :)

I have also thought to make the SvtFoE Wand

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back