San Diego CC ticket prices

For Preview Night through Sunday they are about $150. The issue is not the price, it's actually getting the tickets. And don't even start on the hotel cost or availability.

I second that! It's a insane time. Plus you have hotels which is really where the money is if that's what your thinking. I've been going the past few years. It's a little easier to get in once you get in once.

I'm already going on vacation that time there, so I convinced the wife to buy tickets if possible. Staying in the gas lamp area

I'm already going on vacation that time there, so I convinced the wife to buy tickets if possible. Staying in the gas lamp area
Even if you dont score badges, there is still a ton of stuff to do, the Con has over flowed into the areas around the convention center, so you can still have a good time. Like someone mentioned before, its hard to get them the first time. Make sure you make a member ID, because you wont be able to get badges without them. Then pray to your god because its totally random after that. Have they even said what weekend it is this year? I havent got any emails...

Also, last year, they were upwards of 200 bucks, 4 days, without preview night, and they go up every year, so it will be more this year.

Heck if I know, I haven't gone to a convention in decades that I actually paid for. I get in for free as a pro. Already have my tickets for Wondercon and I've skipped CC for a long time because the crowds are ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Comicon sells out within minutes of tickets being available online. No tickets are available at the door.

Yes....already have IDs....got on site last year but was unaware thatyou bothhave to regisiter....so well try again this year....

I used to get in on a Pro badge thanks to my brother. While he still gets a Pro badge, guest badges for Pro's are now done in a lottery style. Either you are chosen in the lottery and don't have to pay for the guest badge, or you are not so lucky and have to pay the full price, although I guess still lucky because you get a ticket. I went from 2004-2014, skipped 2013 and went back for 2016. I am done with that Con for now. I did have a chance to go to Wonder Con last year in LA and thought that was a bit more enjoyable, even though people said it is actually better when it is held in Anaheim (which it is again this year). This year I plan on going to the Silicon Valley Comic Con to see how it compares.

I used to get in on a Pro badge thanks to my brother. While he still gets a Pro badge, guest badges for Pro's are now done in a lottery style. Either you are chosen in the lottery and don't have to pay for the guest badge, or you are not so lucky and have to pay the full price, although I guess still lucky because you get a ticket. I went from 2004-2014, skipped 2013 and went back for 2016. I am done with that Con for now. I did have a chance to go to Wonder Con last year in LA and thought that was a bit more enjoyable, even though people said it is actually better when it is held in Anaheim (which it is again this year). This year I plan on going to the Silicon Valley Comic Con to see how it compares.

Wondercon is amazing in Anaheim. It sucked big time in LA. There's also no sell outs, no worrying about getting guest tickets or anything else. There are tickets available until the end and you always get your guests. Comicon outgrew San Diego years ago. They're idiots for staying there.

Purchased the Airfair and AirBNB tickets.....now onto the Tickets in a few days...well see....

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back