Rogue One Rebel Trooper M1 Blast Sheild

coozco

Took a jab at 3d modeling and designed up the ring for the M1 helmet.

Here's the file if anyone wants to try and print it. I haven't gotten around to doing it myself yet. I used a model of a M1 from the autodesk community. Seemed to be the right size but may need some fine tuning.

Once I get mine printed I'll report back with how it goes. But if your feeling adventurous, here it is:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2117468

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! Does it allow room for the cloth to squeeze in-between the shell and helmet though? Could be easily forgotten.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Awsome! I am about to begin producing fabric covers for these and hopefully they will fit when printed!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

So i finally got around to printing this my self and it fits! :)

IMG_5865.JPGIMG_5866.JPGIMG_5867.JPGIMG_5868.JPG

The lines at the rear of the helmet go all the way down to the bottom. Canister and I actually made the same mistake on our run... you may want to consider correcting it.

Other models look great, nice job!

Thanks! Yeah after seeing the movie again (in HD) I noticed that too. Just haven't had a chance to fix it, or figure out how to. Still learning fusion 360.

The lines at the rear of the helmet go all the way down to the bottom. Canister and I actually made the same mistake on our run... you may want to consider correcting it.

Other models look great, nice job!

Does this mean you're correcting on run two?

I've correct my model to reflect the proper back section. Thingiverse files have been updated. Thanks again for pointing that out.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back