Bandai A-Wing paint!

ecl

Sr Member
Just got this Bandai A-wing kit in the mail a few days ago and started to paint it! Quite a small model, but the usual Bandai quality with incredible detailing and super tight fitting pieces!

Still have a ways to go with the small paint details. More updates soon.

i7bcsWX.jpg

v2r44SG.jpg

bPiSgPI.jpg

Aa0Ij79.jpg

Attachments

• v2r44SG.jpg
    v2r44SG.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 111
A couple of better pics to show the finish. Sprayed a light coat of matte clear and then did a little more work with the aging. Still need to paint in some more of the reddish/brown color on the underside and inner side of the thruster things.

7awn1hP.jpg

YD9vwM4.jpg

Thanks! The white is just the Tamiya 'matt white'. No real particular reason i chose this color, but it's a nice cool white. The aging darkens it, so I like to use it as a starting base color.

Pretty much done with the paint. Just need to do the guns, and then build a custom stand for it!

Below are some new pics of it under brighter sunlight.

FQ9JoTt.jpg

yyDvV2g.jpg

yNN7jY5.jpg

4QaO3vw.jpg

And here's a fun quick cut and paste (from the pic of the model just above) into a starfield :D

S65GtSX.jpg

Here's a photo of the kit after being built from the box. Can't recommend these little Bandai kits enough. They're super fun, and look amazing!

Z926MGg.jpg

Last edited:
Finally really done!! Added the TINY waterslide decals today and took some final pics. The waterslide decals didn't seem to want to stick very well...maybe they were just too tiny or the surface wasn't working with them, so I brushed a tiny bit of matte medium over each one to seal them in place. They are ridiculously small. Some are barely 2-3mm in length. I used a toothpick to push them into place. The kit does come with a set of regular decal versions (sticky back), and though they look slightly thicker applied on the model, they're much easier to use.

xcz8NbG.jpg

50ZAcaX.jpg

uwphc6f.jpg

2cubCaq.jpg

sJbwnlh.jpg

IzkUVEB.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back