Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior jacket buckles

I Ron Man

I'm making a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior uniform. I'm putting the basics together first.
However, I need the correct jacket buckles. They are also called, large metal tuck locks.
The stink of it is that after all these years, they no longer manufacture them.
Chris Pappas is sold out. MARCO? no. Katarra? No. Many of my other scifi shop haunts
dont have them, either. This has been a long search. If I can't find them, I may to find another
option.

I got got the correct braid for my tans and I have military grade gold lace. I just got my holster belt rig. I got the AF blue
with brass hardware from the Glendale Parade Store.

So many people are doing a Galactica impression. I am going for Battlestar Pegasus. I bought 2 authentic vintage Korean War era SCARWAF
patches. One is for my jacket and the other is for my tunic. I also bought 2 pairs of miniature Command Ashore pins for the collar designation.
I also bought a full size Command Ashore pin that I will make into an award pin like Commander Cain (Lloyd Bridges) wore.
was thinking of doing Acropolis or the "Lost Warrior" Battlestar with the military Medical Unit patch, but I have no reference
on the collar devices for that Battlestar. I am also not sure what the name of the "Lost Warrior" Battlestar is. I think it could be
the Olympia.

Anyways, I am going for the Pegasus Silver Spar Squadron uniform. I know it will not get made in a day, but the journey
should be fun. I got a good start.

Yeah it's a shame the buckles are no longer being made.

Welcome Aboard, always good to see another Colonial here! :thumbsup

Thanks!
I'll let you know when I get them. I'll probably plate them so they look like metal.
Appreciate all the help. It stinks that they quit making the metal ones.

I saw some non-functional buckles on Shapeways a while back. Since the jacket is typically left open the buckles do not really need to do more than look good. I think the awesome cosplayer Felgacarb created the 3D model for them. https://www.shapeways.com/shops/felgacarb

These actually are functional! (Except that the paint will wear off if you use them a lot...)

They do make a decent 'second choice' if you can't find the real thing, though. Thanks for the mention!

it seems the metal version of buckle are no longer being made there is a plastic version available on shapeways or you can also download a 3d print file of the buckles on Thingiverse. currently there is two files on thingiverse for 3dprinting the buckles.

Oh they are being made, just not for individual sale

it seems the metal version of buckle are no longer being made there is a plastic version available on shapeways or you can also download a 3d print file of the buckles on Thingiverse. currently there is two files on thingiverse for 3dprinting the buckles.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back