3d Printing a Robocop Suit

rralstin

I have seen someone attempting a 3d print of Robocop suit. I was inspired to do the same *Robocop is my favorite movie of all time*. I have acquired a printer and some PLA filament and of course the ROBO3d files. I have some smaller parts of the suit printed. After some many weeks of printer calibration *purchased a cheapo DIY printer from a tech site* the printer is finally putting out some decent looking parts. I am done with the palms of the gloves, and am at this very moment awaiting completion of the left forearm. The files include many parts both internal and external. Have to grind through it one at a time. As long as the printer holds up I will keep churning them out. :) Cheers, will keep you all updated as I progress. I wish I had this tech when I did my Dredd suit a few years ago lol.

Robin

IMG_0495.jpgIMG_0496.jpgIMG_0497.jpgIMG_0498.jpgIMG_0499.jpgIMG_0500.jpg

Left Forearm completed. The 3d files have some details missing. The PLA filament is pretty tough once it comes out of the printer. Going to take some doing to add details. Ive got some tools :) 3d modeling is something I may need to take up to add details at a later date. Left lower elbow joint coming upIMG_0502.jpgIMG_0501.jpg

check for few easy to make mods for that printer. holder for the filliament and fan shroud for excample :)
setting up that printer i found quite easy.

nice prints though:)

I have seen someone attempting a 3d print of Robocop suit. I was inspired to do the same *Robocop is my favorite movie of all time*. I have acquired a printer and some PLA filament and of course the ROBO3d files. I have some smaller parts of the suit printed. After some many weeks of printer calibration *purchased a cheapo DIY printer from a tech site* the printer is finally putting out some decent looking parts. I am done with the palms of the gloves, and am at this very moment awaiting completion of the left forearm. The files include many parts both internal and external. Have to grind through it one at a time. As long as the printer holds up I will keep churning them out. :) Cheers, will keep you all updated as I progress. I wish I had this tech when I did my Dredd suit a few years ago lol.

Robin
We are friends now, because you are doing this, and Robocop is also my favorite movie of all time! Good luck with everything, totally subbed. I wish I could get a 3D printer, seems freaking awesome to use, but very tricky. Cant wait to see updates!

We are friends now, because you are doing this, and Robocop is also my favorite movie of all time! Good luck with everything, totally subbed. I wish I could get a 3D printer, seems freaking awesome to use, but very tricky. Cant wait to see updates!

As it is mine! Can we be friends too? :p

Duude, I thought making my RoboCop suit in foam was gonna be a long, expensive struggle but man I admire your ambition! This is gonna look amazing once you get it all done, I can't wait to see your progress!

Nice! I think there's 2 others doing this right here on The RPF. I'll be a 4th soon too! I'll be watching eagerly your progress.

ROBO3d files? As I go away and google search....

As it is mine! Can we be friends too? :p

Duude, I thought making my RoboCop suit in foam was gonna be a long, expensive struggle but man I admire your ambition! This is gonna look amazing once you get it all done, I can't wait to see your progress!
Haha hell yeah man! thats a rad avatar. Ill have to check out your foam build thread. I have some other projects going on, and to be honest, I dont think my skill level is ready for a worthy Robocop suit, to me, thats the holy grail of SPFX.

the left forearm is just about done. 45 minutes away. I have upped the extruder travel speed to cut down on print times but dont want to set it too high, the motors on this thing might not like it.

The palm sections and forearms are very tight on my wrist/hand. I am going to have to modify to get it on and off. Oh I fully intend to wear this suit, This is the costume thread afterall The forearm and bicep are yuuuuuge!! This suit is going to bulk me up without lifting

I was wondering about that. Looking at the raw files/pictures, the arms are HUGE. Do you think it should be scaled down, or that's just the way it needs to be?

I have the spool holder files ready to print, the fan shroud ring for the extruder nozzle I have already made. :)

the fanshroud improved prints from silly string constructions to actual decent prints :) fine tuning from thatpoint on was easy (used a small fan to be able to print the shroud btw)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back