Which incorrect issues - help/advice with MF build

Nathwindu

Hi all,
I'm after a little help and advice if possible before I start my MF Build.

I don't think i've ever been so pumped to start a project and I can't believe i've been so late to the party.

Exciting times ahead!

I've recently subscribed and have received the first parts. I'm fairly new to modelling.

I made a Small X wing and pint sized falcon last summer. Can't wait to take on the big one!

I've noticed that I received the incorrect hull parts in issue 1 & 3. I've been reading through the threads and I noticed that there are numerous accuracy issues that have been flagged by subscribers. Some of these have been replaced and the correct parts reissued.

I'm pretty keen on receiving the correct parts should they be available as a subscriber. Seeing as i've only just started I would have hoped to receive them in the first place. No such luck.

I fully appreciate this may have been covered in a number threads but I was hoping that someone with the knowledge would be able to break down and share what issues out of the 100 I should be looking out for and asking deagostini for the correct parts?

As I understand I need to look out for the following.

Issue 1 = Incorrect hull
Issue 3 = Incorrect hull
Nose cone to be replaced - What issue does the replaced nose cone come with?
Post issue 100 = Missing parts outlined in the http://forum.buildmillenniumfalcon.com/forums/topic/please-provide-missing-parts-in-special-issue/ - Awaiting deag to issue those parts for subscribers that have finished their builds.

Could anyone take the time to outline this and any other things I should be on the look out for to keep the deag peeps in check. We are paying a lot of money for this and I want to make sure that should the correct parts be available I have the chance/option to chase them up.

I look forward to reading more on the thread and learning from you all.

Thanks

Last edited:
G'day Nathwindu , welcome to the Deagostini MF .

# 1 & 3 weren't replaced even after ' replacements ' were made . They were shipped to certain countries ( France , Japan etc... ) , to my knowledge . Got mine from hlj back in 2016 .
The ' replacement ' cockpit housing was supposed to be provided with # 40 . That wasn't supplied either , but the clear parts were !?. Deagostini are,correcting apparently .
Don't know where you're located , but here in Australia we've been ' unfortunate ' re ; corrected parts ' and ( not receiving them ) that others had been ,...seeings how distribution occurred at approximately the same time ??.
Hope that helps some . Good luck with your build .
Cheers Ged.

G'day Ged,
Greetings from the UK!

Thanks very much for the info. Really helpful.

Received a message from Deagostini advising similar. Quote: 'I have learnt from our product development team that the updated parts are still being produced for us. As soon as they are available I will let you know and have the parts sent to you.' I'd presume all subscribers have received such like messages.

Looks like i'll have to chase down the corrected parts separately. Grrr thanks for confirming what I need to be on the look out for.

Whilst i'm not happy with this, i'm just going to focus on enjoying the build and address later down the line. This build is going to be fun enough for me as it is. Not for my wife though... I've not stopped talking about it...It's driving her nuts.. (not even started yet) ;-P

Lots of skills to learn as I pick things up as we go.

Seeing some of the finished products on here i'm feeling really inspired.

Amazing skills! I'm pretty new to modelling so if I can get something half as good as what has been put on here i'll be stoked.

Can't wait to get started on the weekend.

Thanks again

Nathan

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries mate ,

Just a word of caution , if you're planning to post a build thread it may be better to do that over in the ' General Modelling ' site rather than here .
If you need / want great tips/ know how etc... check out ' Darkview ' on this forum . Model Space forum - ' colson ' and ' Markwarren ' , just to name a few who really know their craft .

Cheers Ged :thumbsup

There is a sub-forum of SS called "Commercial Kit Builds" which was created for exactly this type of build. It has a plethora of useful threads and info. Good luck!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back