Darth Vader Master Replicas Bubble Strip HELP

DarthMalestrom

Hey guys I was told to come to this forum and ask if anyone knows where to get the bubble strip for the ANH MR Darth Vader saber. I lucked out and scored the hilt for $200 but the bubble strip is yellowed and cracked. Also the stainless steel has a couple micro scratches, if anyone has any recommendations on how to cover those up or make them less visible it would greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In hindsight, I now realize that you were asking specifically about your Master Replica version. Roy at Wannawanga does not carry a 6 bubble strip. When he lists for the Vader strip, he's expecting people to cut down the 7 bubble to look like the screen used versions....

Last edited:
I'm hindsight, I now realize that you were asking specifically about your Master Replica version. Roy at Wannawanga does not carry a 6 bubble strip. When he lists for the Vader strip, he's expecting people to cut down the 7 bubble to look like the screen used versions....

I see, welp time to keep looking thank you for the link the info on the sabers is actually pretty interesting.

Hi Chris and welcome aboard .... first rule of getting into lightsabers ... accept and embrace any flaws, scratches, dings and dents which will make your lightsaber unique having a history of it's own ... and here's how the original lightsaber from the movies looks like today :

... now about your MR ANH FX it's not movie accurate whatsoever ... so forget about trying to get hold of one of those inaccurate bubblestrip ... go get one of Roy's at wannawanga and while you're at it get some of his T-tracks too ... MR T-tracks or grips tend to get sticky rather easily, which can be resolved with some alcohol whipes or you can replace them. As for the bubblestrip you would need to cut it to size and make it fit, also there's not supposed to be a piece of foil beneath it either. Here's a great read on the bubblestrip : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=272094 with lots of pictures of the original prop and of course since you're dealing with a MR FX you'll need to either glue or firmly attach your 'new' bubblestrip with light pressure-fit onto your clamp.

Chaïm

Hi Chris and welcome aboard .... first rule of getting into lightsabers ... accept and embrace any flaws, scratches, dings and dents which will make your lightsaber unique having a history of it's own ... and here's how the original lightsaber from the movies looks like today :

[url]http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/ESB_Darth_Vader_Hero_Lightsaber_4_zpsqxnzvymu.jpg[/URL]

... now about your MR ANH FX it's not movie accurate whatsoever ... so forget about trying to get hold of one of those inaccurate bubblestrip ... go get one of Roy's at wannawanga and while you're at it get some of his T-tracks too ... MR T-tracks or grips tend to get sticky rather easily, which can be resolved with some alcohol whipes or you can replace them. As for the bubblestrip you would need to cut it to size and make it fit, also there's not supposed to be a piece of foil beneath it either. Here's a great read on the bubblestrip : http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=272094 with lots of pictures of the original prop and of course since you're dealing with a MR FX you'll need to either glue or firmly attach your 'new' bubblestrip with light pressure-fit onto your clamp.

Chaïm

Thank you Chaïm the info is greatly appreciated. I might just end up getting the strips from that website. I wasn't going for screen accurate since it's a limited edition hilt not FX, but that might be my only option at this point, I want the saber to be more of a display piece. You know if the bubbles on the strip can be easily removed?

Could you post some pictures of your lightsaber with the issue of your bubblestrip? And being a MR Vader Limited Edition that's a great bargain at $200 I'd say :)

Chaïm

Could you post some pictures of your lightsaber with the issue of your bubblestrip? And being a MR Vader Limited Edition that's a great bargain at $200 I'd say :)

Chaïm

I'll post it when I get home. Yeah $200 was a steal, there are a few micro scratches on the chrome and the bubble strip is cracked but I'd say it was a come up :)

Chaïm

4883dbced20cbb82dc42dfe413e7d646.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks ... well I don't know if the MR has a working clamp ... otherwise you could try and open up that lever a bit and see what happens next with your bubblestrip. Though I usually advice to leave things alone and enjoy as it is ... sometimes issues can become even worse when trying to fix or clean up ... don't ask me how I know :wacko

Chaïm

Thanks ... well I don't know if the MR has a working clamp ... otherwise you could try and open up that lever a bit and see what happens next with your bubblestrip. Though I usually advice to leave things alone and enjoy as it is ... sometimes issues can become even worse when trying to fix or clean up ... don't ask me how I know :wacko

Chaïm

The clamp actually does move, so the strip is easy to pop out

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back