Mods can lock and close

akumazeto

Sr Member
Has anyone purchased one of these lately? If so what is the kit looking like these days? castings good etc. Please share any info you might have and or pictures?

Last edited:
Re: Atomic City Xwing

I have one I bought from Scott a few months ago. Nice kit. A few resin blobs here and there to be cleaned up, but not a huge deal.
Looks like he has reworked the molds, as I have an old one too...Differences are very apparent.

All in all, it is a nice kit. Took Scott well over a month to ship it, with several excuses along the way, but I eventually received it.

i can take pics when I get back home.

I am thinking of letting mine go, because I am x-wing heavy at the moment....and I ship when I say I'm going to! Lol

he has them on ebay these days for 350 shipped and I am leary

FWIW, I payed the 'old' price of about $410 shipped. As I said before, took him over a month to ship, but I got it.
I had to file a dispute with the auction site, and they locked his account, until he shipped. Otherwise, I think I would still be waiting for it. Lol

FWIW, I payed the 'old' price of about $410 shipped. As I said before, took him over a month to ship, but I got it.
I had to file a dispute with the auction site, and they locked his account, until he shipped. Otherwise, I think I would still be waiting for it. Lol

So you got it on ebay too. What is with all these ss builders that they seem to have issues. Do they get over there head or something. But it seems like almost every one has had a issue.

he CLAIMS to have one ready to ship but when I ask for a picture of the kit with my name on a piece of paper next to it I get nothing. I recently bought a kit from Randy Cooper and it was a smooth as silk trnasaction

So you got it on ebay too. What is with all these ss builders that they seem to have issues. Do they get over there head or something. But it seems like almost every one has had a issue.

he CLAIMS to have one ready to ship but when I ask for a picture of the kit with my name on a piece of paper next to it I get nothing. I recently bought a kit from Randy Cooper and it was a smooth as silk trnasaction

I actually bought the kit from him because I thought I was going to lose one on another auction. As it turns out, I wound up with 2. It was to be a gift for a close friend, otherwise I wouldn't have been worried about it. The second one is sitting in my closet. I'll probably never build it.

I'm not crapping on Scott, just sharing my experience with him.
He may have a lot going on in his life, but I frankly think if you're going to sell something (on eBay, or wherever), it should be ready to ship. Not 6-8 weeks from now, unless it is stated that way in the ad.

Hell, I have taken items with me on a business trip so I could make sure I shipped within 24 hours of receiving payment. I believe holding someone's $$ and leaving them hanging like that is quite rude. If it is understood up front, fair enough. If not, it's plain rude.

yeah thats bull ****. I dont know what to think. I want the kit and I have cash for the kit. If Mike Salzo would respond to me I would pick his up instead.

I actually bought the kit from him because I thought I was going to lose one on another auction. As it turns out, I wound up with 2. It was to be a gift for a close friend, otherwise I wouldn't have been worried about it. The second one is sitting in my closet. I'll probably never build it.

I'm not crapping on Scott, just sharing my experience with him.
He may have a lot going on in his life, but I frankly think if you're going to sell something (on eBay, or wherever), it should be ready to ship. Not 6-8 weeks from now, unless it is stated that way in the ad.

Hell, I have taken items with me on a business trip so I could make sure I shipped within 24 hours of receiving payment. I believe holding someone's $$ and leaving them hanging like that is quite rude. If it is understood up front, fair enough. If not, it's plain rude.

yeah thats bull ****. I dont know what to think. I want the kit and I have cash for the kit. If Mike Salzo would respond to me I would pick his up instead. Its also funny how they always hafve so much going in life but they had enough time to post the ad for sale. I call BS allot. I know the routines. I have been on the web since its public inception in 93 so I have prety much seen the list of generic reasons why a person cant ship and they are always the same. Health family job etc.

So I have finally gotten to my boiling point. I am goign to be releasing a years worth of emails from Scott to the RPF to warn off any would be buyers. Scott is very manic and is in dire financial trouble. He has asked me over the last year to front him money for 10 models for resin and rubber all the way up to saying he refunded me already for a ebay kit I never bought.

People need to REALLY steer clear of this man. He self admits in these emails to knowingly not delivering kits at the time of sale. Again I have a years worth of emails from him going back to November 2016. I have caught this dude in so many lies over a years time its pathetic. I opened this thread to see if I would get any people to comment and oh boy have I in PMs

- - - Updated - - -

I have asked Scott to provide me with large quantities of these models over the last year and all I have ever asked is that he supply me with ONE picture with my name next to a kit that he says is ready to ship the second he gets payment. He has never over the last year been able to provide said picture. Then things will go dormant for months at a time. He will then email me again asking if I am looking for a model or models and that he has them ready to ship but he is having budgeting problems and mortgage problems. This **** is so deep I feel the need to warn people about him.

- - - Updated - - -

I recently hit buy it now on his ebay auction for a SS xwing and used my wifes account. I then asked for a picture of the model with today's date on a post it. This was three days ago and he has just sent me a email saying he was canceling the order because he does not feel the model is a GOOD FIT FOR ME!

I have no idea what is going on with him but all of his communications have sounded 100% like SCAMMER bait for the last year. Send me money first than I will get you a picture.

I Truly beleive he is robbing peter to pay paul and likely would use my money to make the kit for the last guy or use my money to make my kit and the lasts guys that he spent money for. In reality I have no idea what he is doing but for a 300 dollar product producing a picture with a newspaper or post it for date or my name is not out of the question if he actually had the model made and ready to ship like he states he always does.

In his original email last year were he solicited me and about another dozen people asking for money up front to cover mold cost on his NEW found long lost accurate kit parts to be molded. I have sent all those other people that were cc'ed emails inviting them to join this thread and I hope they do. In the end I think Scott who clearly was a talented modeler has fallen from grace over the years and with his medical problems has gotten so far over his head he has no way out.

Had he reached out to others I think the community would have taken care of him but with all the bridges he has burnt I feel that time is over.

Last edited:
Re: Atomic City Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT!

Here is the original email soliciting me and a group of others last January 3rd 2016. Something about this email always sounded to magical and full of crap. To many stars aligning and it just smells like a load of B.S This email came maybe 48 hours after I emailed him inquiring and him responding back sorry cant do it anymore. To me it feels like he saw blood in the water and a easy cash crab. I have no idea if anyone got one of these magical kits.

This email goes out to anyone who has contacted me recently to see if I was still producing the studio scale X-wing kit. At the time you contacted me, there was no possibility of this kit being put back in production due to mold wear. Well...

The situation has changed. I was recently contacted by an estate liquidator who was looking for information on the kit so he could put a reasonable price on it. This particular kit was made in 2001, which is very early in the production run. I am acquiring the kit, or will be very soon. It all depends on those of you who are still interested in this kit.

I have seen photos of the parts in the kit and they are very clean. I have to say they put what I last sold to shame. We reached an agreement that he would send the kit to me and I would make new molds and send back a copy for his sale. So, that takes care of me not having to find the money to buy the kit from him. For me to be able to do this, I need to sell, in advance, kits to anyone who is willing to wait the 4 or 5 weeks it will probably take for me to get the molds done. I need to sell these in advance of being able to deliver them because its going to take a lot of rubber, which I don't currently have.

For those of you who decide to take advantage of this opportunity (which I personally thought was not a possibility even in the slightest), the price for the kit is what I last sold it for, $385, plus shipping. Finding one on eBay would probably be twice that price! And the plus is, this will be the kit at a level of quality like it was when I was first manufacturing it.

I told the seller that I'd put this proposal to you guys and if 5 of you decide to do this, then we'd be in business. Keep in mind that if any of you want more than one kit, that would go toward that number of 5 to make this possible. Once this is put into motion, I'll be able to make the kit until these molds wear out. Beyond that would depend on demand, of course. But, for this run, I can probably make a total of 30 kits out of these molds.

So let me hear back from you ASAP. Anyone wanting to make a payment should first contact me with their Zip Code so I can figure the cost of shipping. I can then send a Paypal invoice or if you need to pay by mail using a Postal Money Order, I'll send you my address. Of course, if you have any questions, please get back to me.

Regards,

Scott Alexander

Last edited by a moderator:

I thought he owned his own masters for the kit. What a convoluted proposal.

I've been waiting 17 years now for a 2001 big discovery. I don't know what to think about the situation anymore. I can't get my money back because his robbing Peter to pay Paul methods and consistently dire mortgage problem. I wish he'd just sort out that it might help to have real work income in order for him to be able to pay for bills, materials and take care of his obligations.

I am goign to share a section of email he just me about you! I think you should turn him in to ic3.gov and let the FBI deal with him. Here is what he just sent me about you.

You will never get your kit. He is a con man and a criminal.

He also claims Randy Cooper made his latest masters. No idea if that is true.

When asked one last time for a picture of a kit this is what I got.

I have better things to do like finishing the Discovery a guy paid for 15 years ago. I think that says something about who I am. I am still here, trying to get things done that I owe to people. And send them refunds, when they ask.
Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

I urge anyone who is owe anything from Scott to file a report on ic3.gov. This is what they are there for. Let the FBI white collar crime division handle this. Dont be scared to do this either. This man has absconded with your money. I am friends with a agent in my local FBI office. I will point him towards this and what I know to get this handled or justice served.

Its not out of line. Its not to much this man has been doing this for two decades and it has to stop.

I ordered a 2001 42" Orion shuttle from Scott off of Ebay on Sept 24, 2016. I made the silly assumption that since it was on Ebay that it was already cast and ready to ship. Wrong. I still don't have the Orion after numerous promises to ship "next week" or "tomorrow" still nothing.

I realize that Scott is recovering from a stroke, but how can you accept orders and not fulfill them. Of course I waited too long to dispute the purchase with Ebay and now have no recourse but to wait or threaten to get my kit.

If you look at Scott's Atomic City forum, you will see an outstanding order thread that shows some people waiting over a decade and not receiving their orders.

According to his Ebay feedback he filled one order for an Orion that was placed after mine. I guess that person must have disputed the Ebay charge and got the next casting that he finished.

I guess the only way to buy a Captain Cardboard kit is to get one from a third party that actually has it on hand. Do not order from Scott directly or you will be sorry.

Dan I urge you to file a report on IC3.gov. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE File the report. Lets put a end to this once and for all.

We need to stop being afraid to act because he might be a nice guy. Everyone should know by now that Scott does not give a crap about are feelings and we need to act the only way he has left us to act. I am not a member at Atomic City but would love if you guys could cross post this.

Scott has commented crimes under the USC section 18 code he had defrauded hundreds of people under the promise that he will deliver at some point. Stop seeing him as a nice guy but rather a criminal who never intended to honor his contracts with 99% of us.

Dont fool or kid yourself. What he is doing is a crime its a scheme to defraud under title 18 law in our country. I will lead the charge on locking Scott up. No its not harsh its not out of line. This man has had no regard for his CUSTOMERS more like Victims for the last 20 years and its time as a group we put a end to this and show people that once and for all we will not be a victim to people who take our money with a promise to deliver.

The fact that this has all happened over the internet makes it a FEDERAL CRIME!

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-47

Last edited:

- - - Updated - - -

Mike I have no doubt why. Its to generate income to pay back or make right old transactions. The problem with that is the new guy that just got screwed now need to wait until he sells another kit to someone down the line to get their kit or money back and so on and so forth and this always leaves one or more person screwed because he uses their money to fix prior screw ups. This is not ethical and its a damn blithe on a community that for the most part is tightly knit.

Scott keeps doing this because he knows none of his victims or thinks none of his victims have the balls to do anything about it. Luckily I smelled threw his bull **** before he took me too. I have helped bring down scammers before in the pinball world when two designers on two separate occasions took off with close to a million dollars in funds for the pinball machine Magic Girl and then another Fellow did the same when he took off with close to a million for the pinball machine Predator. All well documented on Pinside and RGP all over the net. I make it a personal quest to stop people like this from existing in the hobbies I take part in.

I know federal law very well and have the time and resources to work with anyone who has been taken by Scott DBA Atomic City DBA Captain Cardboard
Just to set the record straight, I still own the patterns to the Capt Cardboard X kit. A few years ago Scott asked me if he could do a small run of kits so that he could buy material for his other projects. He had a pretty good casting on hand so he used that as his "pattern" I still have the original pattern here.

I granted permission to him because I did not want to be an obstacle to people here at RPF or others in the modeling community getting their owed kits, even though theoretically it cost me. I do wish Scott would ask me each time he decides to do a run, I am sure i would say ok for the fore mentioned reason. I am fairly confident that he has used at least partial funds from those sales to buy resin/rubber as he has gotten some owed kits out (at least it looks like that at his site).

I have no other comment on the situation, but I did want to clarify why he would be looking for a fresher kit to make new molds from.
mike

Last edited:
Re: Scott Alexander Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT! IC3.gov FBI involvement.

Here is the list from his forums. I encourage anyone on this list to contact me so that I can collect all your contact info to pass on to the FBI so that they might contact these people further for financial info invoices payments etc.

Atomic City Models -- Kit Waiting List - by Kit by Date Ordered
CustomerOrderedKit NameUPDATED: 2017/01/29
Comment
Discovery -Various
Graham, Scott2000Discovery 11' Underwriter version
Evans, Michelle2000Discovery 5.5 foot underwriter
Adami, David2011Little Discovery
Williams, ChipDiscovery 5.5 foot
15" Aries 1-B Kit
Ho, John200015" Aries 1-B Kit
Horyns, Bearly 2000's15" Aries 1-B Kit
Gerard, Robertearly 2000's15" Aries 1-B Kit
Hutchins, Robert200115" Aries 1-B Kit
Pereira, Matthew200215" Aries 1-B Kit
Prosser, Dave200215" Aries 1-B Kit
Coe, Kevin09/22/0415" Aries 1-B Kit
Goddard, Vince04/04/0515" Aries 1-B Kit
Hail, Edward05/24/0515" Aries 1-B Kit
Fanthom, Bernard08/01/0615" Aries 1-B Kit
Baker, Richard10/16/0715" Aries 1-B Kit
Fuller, Mike200715" Aries 1-B Kit
Martin, Mike03/28/0815" Aries 1-B Kitwas #95 as of March 2014
Davis Dusty12/15/1215" Aries 1-B Kit
Studsgaard, Chris2012 201315" Aries 1-B Kit
Kane, David10/23/1615" Aries 1-B Kit
Portz, Dean15" Aries 1-B Kit
Discovery Command Module
Pereira, Matthew2002Discovery Command Module
Deschamps, Jeanmarc2006Discovery Command Module
Martin, Mike08/13/07Discovery Command Module
Fish, Robert08/15/07Discovery Command Module
Coe, Kevin09/03/07Discovery Command Module
Wilson, Chris04/30/08D CM / D antenna kit combo
Fuller, Mike2009Discovery Command Module
Smithwick, Mike2012Discovery Command Module
Almond, Marshell04/14/14Discovery Command Module
Warthling, Mark07/06/14Discovery Command ModuleAbout #31 on list he thinks
Adami, David2014Discovery Command Module
Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Deschamps, Jeanmarc2006Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Prosser, Dave05/01/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)3rd Orion order per Dave
Zsutty, Marc05/02/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Pereira, Matthew08/06/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Davis Dusty12/15/12Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Jjiroudek, Daniel04/11/13Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)Order 26 he believes
Smithwick, Mike2015Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)Order 15 he believes
Wendt, Brad09/06/16Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Young, Dan09/24/16Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Portz, DeanOrion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
Moonbus
Enlow, Troy'05 or '06Moonbus
Deschamps, Jeanmarc2006Moonbus
Coe, Kevin06/24/07Moonbus
Martin, Mike06/24/07Moonbus
Steinau, Richard06/26/07Moonbus
Evans, Michelle03/01/08Moonbus
Studio Scale 13" EVA POD
Eberie, Larry06/23/05Studio Scale 13" EVA Pod - underwriterlighted underwriter version
Netzley, Ray01/26/16Studio Scale 13" EVA POD
Netzley, Ray01/27/13Studio Scale 13" EVA PODreplacement for DCM & Aries Cancel
Cancelled Orders
Skenlar. Pat07/04/0115" Aries 1-B KitOrder cancelled 2014/refunded 2015
Skenlar. Pat2005/2006MoonbusOrder cancelled 2014/refunded 2015
Netzley, Ray02/25/16Discovery Command ModuleOrder cancelled Dec 2016; subsitute big POD
Netzley, Ray01/27/1315" Aries 1-B KitOrder cancelled Dec 2016; subsitute big POD
Filled Orders
Adami, David15" Aries 1-B KitKit received
Adami, DavidOrion - Studio Scale (42 inch)Kit received
Adami, DavidStudio Scale 13" EVA PODKit received
Adami, DavidAntenna KitKit received
Wilson, ChrisAntenna KitKit received

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back