Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Feb 17, 2017, 4:47 PM - Re: Atomic City Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT! #51

DanY said: View Post
    I'll have to investigate this further. When I initially tried to file a complaint Ebay said that more than 45 days had elapsed and they could not do the money back guarantee.
    That is -not- what I said.

I said PayPal (not Ebay)

ie:

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment (or 45 days depending on when you made the purchase ie after June 17th) if:

• You don’t receive the item
    • You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

I also noted that if you used a credit card.. you will also have a path to follow up with.
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Feb 17, 2017, 5:16 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #52

Last edited by Voodoocaster; Feb 18, 2017 at 5:48 AM.
    Feb 17, 2017, 5:28 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #53

It's cool. Slazo is busy and I am getting one from Jeff

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and after 17 years I think that qualifies witch hunt status. Just sayin

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and let's hope Disney does not go after the r2 builder's club.... You know the club Disney hired for force.

Wonder if Tamiya will go after Disney for kit bashing. Disney does not go after scale modelrs in force because it's to hard a case to make. Also easy to get around. Just gotta change a few bits and then offer the correct bits via another sale. IP is easy to get around when you consult someone with knowledge on copyright law.
    Last edited by akumazeto; Feb 17, 2017 at 5:35 PM.
    From
    The Sunshine State
    Feb 17, 2017, 5:35 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #54

Wow, all of this and you never did business with Scott? Seems a little over the top quite frankly. I mean, if someone is patiently waiting for a kit for years what business is it of yours? If they are not patient . . . what business is it of yours? Are you one of Scott competitors?

Your dogmatic campaign seems rather strange for someone with no dog in the fight.
    Last edited by feek61; Feb 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM.
    Feb 17, 2017, 5:40 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #55

People like you are the reason the world is like it is and why so many countries and states have good Samaritan laws. Because hell if I see my fellow man getting robbed I should just keep my head down and mind my own business right.....yup

Its cool people in the pinball world reacted when I did this over there too. Then the close to 1 million dollars from the Predator scam started getting looked at by the feds and people had recourse all the nay sayers shut up pretty quick.
    Hoe dare I care and help those who are helpless because they dont know how to get results. Clearly waiting on a derelict old man in his mid 60's to complete a model he sold 17 years ago. Lets give him some more time....

Also before you give me the "Your going after a old man routine" Why is he still playing these games if he is so old and full of problems. If you know you cannot deliver and wait on the goodness of your customers to produce the federal law defines that as a scam. Its all laid out in the law I posted on page one. Feel free to bring your self up to speed on US federal law since all this happened via email and the internet that puts it right in the feds area.
    Its cool its Why Hon Solo pissed on TOS OOH BURN FIGHT FIGHT lets get down to what really matters. You are pissed that SW is better than ST

Truly the goal was to shed light on someone. If these people want to wait not my problem. But if I gave one person recourse to get their money back it was worth it. If it scares Scott to produce I am good with you not liking me IDC. If the Feds get into it maybe Scott will produce then IDC. Either way more people know the story of all these Atomic City users that were had.

And in the end arguing on the internet never changes anyone's mind. I am sure you approve that I am trying to help and just not my methods. But if you dont approve of my methods then maybe you have a better way?.....oh wait its just to turn a blind eye to people potentially ripping off your customers that might have cross purchased? So maybe some of your customers are being jacked? Dont you want to protect them?

So if anyone has a way to get Scott to produce or refund the THOUSANDS OF THOUSANDS OF dollars be my guest and lets help these people that were taken by someone who can no longer make kits.

Or maybe just maybe if Scott released a statement saying he can no longer do what he said he would do and that he would shut down all future orders maybe that would help? Or maybe we should just let someone who clearly funnels new money to old customers or just to keep his house his another chance? So lets say Scott does make good on lets say Ebay xwing sales. Why should those people get there kits while other people from years back get nothing? And why should the money from these kits go to pay Scotts mortgage and not back work? If it was me I Would be living in a box on the street with a clear conscience vs in my house with me owing people thousands 10's of thousands of dollars.

But again thats what makes me a good seller and buyer. My word actually means farking something. It is amazing that in 20 years nobody has show up at his house to ask for their money back.
    Last edited by akumazeto; Feb 17, 2017 at 6:47 PM.
    Feb 17, 2017, 6:51 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #56

Why is Scott selling one of these when he owes 2 grand or more to Scott Graham? Where is his kit? Clearly Scott made one at one time? Maybe this is not the kit but look at the date on this ad

http://www.modelermagic.com/?p=85203

All you need to do is google for a few minutes to learn this guy is a damn con man and should be in jail. But because he shares are hobby and once made good kits he should get a pass?

Here is his youtube channel showing how to put these together? Why are people waiting for this again? I mean he clearly has made some?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9r...qg3uzgWRAqAZEA
    Feb 17, 2017, 6:56 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #57

Maybe just maybe you wanna take a look at this list again

Atomic City Models -- Kit Waiting List - by Kit by Date Ordered
    Customer Ordered Kit Name UPDATED: 2017/01/29
    Comment
    Discovery -Various
    Graham, Scott 2000 Discovery 11' Underwriter version
    Evans, Michelle 2000 Discovery 5.5 foot underwriter
    Adami, David 2011 Little Discovery
    Williams, Chip Discovery 5.5 foot
    15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Ho, John 2000 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Horyns, B early 2000's 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Gerard, Robert early 2000's 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Hutchins, Robert 2001 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Pereira, Matthew 2002 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Prosser, Dave 2002 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Coe, Kevin 09/22/04 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Goddard, Vince 04/04/05 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Hail, Edward 05/24/05 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Fanthom, Bernard 08/01/06 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Baker, Richard 10/16/07 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Fuller, Mike 2007 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Martin, Mike 03/28/08 15" Aries 1-B Kit was #95 as of March 2014
    Davis Dusty 12/15/12 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Studsgaard, Chris 2012 2013 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Kane, David 10/23/16 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Portz, Dean 15" Aries 1-B Kit
    Discovery Command Module
    Pereira, Matthew 2002 Discovery Command Module
    Deschamps, Jeanmarc 2006 Discovery Command Module
    Martin, Mike 08/13/07 Discovery Command Module
    Fish, Robert 08/15/07 Discovery Command Module
    Coe, Kevin 09/03/07 Discovery Command Module
    Wilson, Chris 04/30/08 D CM / D antenna kit combo
    Fuller, Mike 2009 Discovery Command Module
    Smithwick, Mike 2012 Discovery Command Module
    Almond, Marshell 04/14/14 Discovery Command Module
    Warthling, Mark 07/06/14 Discovery Command Module About #31 on list he thinks
    Adami, David 2014 Discovery Command Module
    Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Deschamps, Jeanmarc 2006 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Prosser, Dave 05/01/12 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch) 3rd Orion order per Dave
    Zsutty, Marc 05/02/12 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Pereira, Matthew 08/06/12 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Davis Dusty 12/15/12 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Jjiroudek, Daniel 04/11/13 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch) Order 26 he believes
    Smithwick, Mike 2015 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch) Order 15 he believes
    Wendt, Brad 09/06/16 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Young, Dan 09/24/16 Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Portz, Dean Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch)
    Moonbus
    Enlow, Troy '05 or '06 Moonbus
    Deschamps, Jeanmarc 2006 Moonbus
    Coe, Kevin 06/24/07 Moonbus
    Martin, Mike 06/24/07 Moonbus
    Steinau, Richard 06/26/07 Moonbus
    Evans, Michelle 03/01/08 Moonbus
    Studio Scale 13" EVA POD
    Eberie, Larry 06/23/05 Studio Scale 13" EVA Pod - underwriter lighted underwriter version
    Netzley, Ray 01/26/16 Studio Scale 13" EVA POD
    Netzley, Ray 01/27/13 Studio Scale 13" EVA POD replacement for DCM & Aries Cancel
    Cancelled Orders
    Skenlar. Pat 07/04/01 15" Aries 1-B Kit Order cancelled 2014/refunded 2015
    Skenlar. Pat 2005/2006 Moonbus Order cancelled 2014/refunded 2015
    Netzley, Ray 02/25/16 Discovery Command Module Order cancelled Dec 2016; subsitute big POD
    Netzley, Ray 01/27/13 15" Aries 1-B Kit Order cancelled Dec 2016; subsitute big POD
    Filled Orders
    Adami, David 15" Aries 1-B Kit Kit received
    Adami, David Orion - Studio Scale (42 inch) Kit received
    Adami, David Studio Scale 13" EVA POD Kit received
    Adami, David Antenna Kit Kit received
    Wilson, Chris Antenna Kit Kit received
    Last edited by akumazeto; Feb 20, 2017 at 10:48 AM.
  8. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Long Beach, CA
    Feb 17, 2017, 8:09 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #58

akumazeto said: View Post
    Its fine if it stays open. I encourage everyone to file a report with ic3.gov Even if its years old please file. After enough reports have been submitted its going to raise a flag somewhere and then a agent will begin to look into it.

I can't do anything remotely more than I have. People have to become the complainant before someone goes looking. I hope that makes sense. Nothing was taken from me not a dime.

The basic story was I was in the market for a kit. Like I always do before I send money to a stranger I do research. I started finding thread after thread of people having issues. I eventually found my way to his forums. I was amazed at the list I found and the prices I researched for the price on the kits.

That is when I began to ask him for a picture which never happened. In the end Scott did email me and said that the message I should have taken away by him not sending a picture was that he did not have a kit. That from the time I asked for a a kit and picture (Jan 2016) and (February 2017) he had sold the kit to someone else.....meaning at least to me he never made another one to take a picture from. Insinuating that I always just missed a kit so he couldn't take a picture. That I was not the only person he was doing business with.

This is when I put two and two together that he was running a ponzy scheme basically and I began to get pissed. I dont like to be taken. I dont like other people to get taken either.
    If anyone even hints that I am in the wrong because I actually did not loose anything is someone I will put on my never do business list. So if thats you speak up now so I know never to buy *SH&T from you.

I encourage you do file a complaint. Accept your never gonna get that kit you paid for 17 years ago 15 years ago 13 years ago or 6 months ago.

Seems like I always join a forum were someone is breaking the law it happens all over...I have a wide range of hobbies from Arcade machine collecting pinball video games cars Rc stuff etc etc etc. Lots of those forums always have stickies of know people plastered all over. Surprised there is not a giant sticky for Scott at the top of this page. Maybe its cause he is banned but I think its time he be brought front and center and made to account for his actions..... Maybe me publicly rustling his feathers will cause him to pay up.
    Again (as some asked above) how much does he owe you? What kits are you out of?
    Feb 17, 2017, 8:10 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #59

Wow. This got WAY over the top.
    Feb 17, 2017, 8:16 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #60

I think its funny that people are only allowed to help if they are out something. God what has happened to humanity.
    From
    The Sunshine State
    Feb 17, 2017, 8:41 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #61

. . .God what has happened to humanity.
    I think it has gone psychotic based on your example. Chill out!!

The simple fact is the "Thousands and Thousands" of dollars you think you can get from Scott is a pipe dream; he doesn't have it. So, good luck with your . . . whatever this is.

BTW, continual posting one after the other is considered spam; I might have to file an official complaint using form B-241896 with the appropriate governmental agencies if this behavior continues.
    Last edited by feek61; Feb 17, 2017 at 8:51 PM.
    Feb 17, 2017, 8:52 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #62

The main point is he is still taking money and not honoring prior obligations. Thats all. If he truly cant honor those he should fold his doors and stop taking advantage of the rights he supposedly sold to another builder.

Thats the big slap in the face all these people talk about to me in pms that he keeps making money and they get nothing. That is just not right at all. I am out I wanted mods to lock this thread. I think they should and then if I have any relavent information to pass along I can pm it to a mod.
    Feb 17, 2017, 9:15 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #63

You haven't yet ordered anything from him, correct?! Why not try it? Nothing to lose.

The main point is he is still taking money and not honoring prior obligations. Thats all. If he truly cant honor those he should fold his doors and stop taking advantage of the rights he supposedly sold to another builder.

Thats the big slap in the face all these people talk about to me in pms that he keeps making money and they get nothing. That is just not right at all. I am out I wanted mods to lock this thread. I think they should and then if I have any relavent information to pass along I can pm it to a mod.
    Feb 17, 2017, 9:26 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #64

I bought Jeffs kit. We talked on the phone for about hour about all kinds of cool **** and he sent me pics today and I agreed to pick it up. It was a honest man 2 man sale and it was what I expect. But thanks though Scott. I really do feel bad. Do you mind sharing how much a 11 foot discovery cost? That would be epic huge. Where did you plan to display that? Thats like museum size.

Honestly does anybody else make that piece. Its pretty epic but the only way I would ever buy that is second hand for obvious reasons.

I really mean no harm fellas I dont. This **** happens all the time in the pinball world and it sucks. Start up company plans to make epic bad ass looking game. Takes preorder and rich white pinball junkies throw 10-20 grand at them in hopes of a machine and they dont deliver or go to jail for ripping off 20th century fox etc. One startup company guy that was gonna make Gremlins got hooked on crack or meth or some **** and blew like half a million. Man I cant make this shut up I wish it were false but its all a google away. So to say this kind of behavior makes me mad is a understatement. It sucks and all I want is for him to stop making money and not paying it back immdetialy. Apparently he is still selling stuff maybe in small numbers but all that money should go to that list or at least a percentage. Best of luck though to everyone.

At some point you need to call a spade a spade.
    Feb 17, 2017, 11:28 PM - Re: Mods can lock and close #65

Funny, I was going to mention meth addiction for other reasons

Anyhow, I took out a loan for an 11 foot discovery. I figure I can hang it from the ceiling still. I stopped by his Van Nuys shop around 2000 and got hooked on what I saw.
  16. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Feb 18, 2017, 4:20 AM - Re: Mods can lock and close #66

Last edited by Voodoocaster; Feb 18, 2017 at 5:47 AM.
  17. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Long Beach, CA
    Feb 18, 2017, 6:53 AM - Re: Mods can lock and close #67

I think its funny that people are only allowed to help if they are out something. God what has happened to humanity.
    My point is you're firing off post after post, talking about this guy like he's done something really bad to you. Maybe it's over the top to use a comparison like he raped your sister or something, but look at your language. You said, "I got him Jeff I got him by his shriveled little balls!" This thread is the cyber version of rallying the townsfolk with pitchforks. Yesterday or the day before, I actually had to go back through these to figure out how you got from "anyone ordered from him" and "how are the castings" to "let's take him out back and beat the **** out of him." (And the quote marks here are just for clarification instead of actual quotes, but people get the idea.) Seems like this whole thing (the idea, in a new thread) can just be pinned--assuming it's accurate--like the Nice-N Models post. And it can stay relatively civil and stick to facts, avoiding rants.

This thread--the atmosphere of it--is hurting the cause, not helping.
    Last edited by Dedalus5550; Feb 18, 2017 at 6:58 AM.