Mods can lock and close

Re: Atomic City Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT!

Nope you were never mentioned. He mention another modeler by name saying he completed the new masters or some ****. It does not take a genius to figure out with research you are just trying to give him a chance to make good. Thats the kind of people we need in all hobbies. What we do NOT need is people who take advantage of well minded customers and other developers like you. Eventually you should cut the cord and I am sure everyone involved with a Xwing anyway would understand why. You legally purchased the rights thats a fact.

I am not vindictive or doing this out of spite. I am doing this because this has been a 17+ year pattern of poor ethics shady business and down right criminal activity. Had this been a isolated case or something that only happened a handful of times over the period of twenty years thats understandable. Not all people can be pleased. But this is as the law describes it a pattern of criminal activity.

I look forward to picking up the Y wing and I approve of the Escrow style ordering. I approve of up front communication like hey this **** is 4-6 weeks out. Full disclosure is all any of us can ask.

I recently picked up a model from another garage guy and he was upfront on time frames instructions and any thing I might have asked. I felt comfortable paid close to 500 bucks and within the time frame quoted I got my kit. Thats service thats a good seller.

Last edited:
Re: Scott Alexander Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT! IC3.gov FBI involvement.

After reading this thread I am filled with sadness. All of my transactions with Scott were perfect and delivered in a relatively timely manner. He even hooked me up with a replacement part that I had damaged gratis... But that was a LONG time ago.

I sincerely hope Scott can get his stuff together. Yes he's been dealt a bunch of bad cards in recent years but that excuse only goes so far when you continue to take orders...

Jedi Dade

Re: Scott Alexander Xwing *STAY AWAY* POSSIBLE SCAM ALERT! IC3.gov FBI involvement.

Thanks akumazeto; I paid Scott, in full in April of 2003 for a Aries-1B kit ($310 at the time) and never got my kit (litany of excuses over the years).
In June of 2016 I asked him for my money back. I even agreed to a mode of payment( 3 deposits of $100 each with no deadline for said repayments)...nothing of course.
You can add me to the list for sure. This a classic Ponzy scheme:angry

I've ordered and paid for an Aries and Discovery Command Module many many years ago (maybe 7-10, I forget now)

Do we really want to involve FBI on a business where nobody is paying any rights for any design that are studios property.....
I know it's annoying when scammers are involved but it's kind of a underground hobby and I would be upset if all the other good and serious kit masters would have to stop or be in trouble.
I've never dealt with the guy so it's easy for me to not feel cranky on that matter.

Re: Atomic City Xwing

I Truly beleive he is robbing peter to pay paul and likely would use my money to make the kit for the last guy or use my money to make my kit and the lasts guys that he spent money for. In reality I have no idea what he is doing but for a 300 dollar product producing a picture with a newspaper or post it for date or my name is not out of the question if he actually had the model made and ready to ship like he states he always does.

Maybe you're going about this all wrong. You ought to praise him for the great service, awesome product, and speedy shipping. You need people in there behind you to pay for what it costs to make whatever he sends you. This is how Tom Sawyer got that fence painted. Once you got scammed, you couldn't complain or no one would replace you--you had to pretend it was fun and you liked it.

Okay, maybe that's not the best way, huh?

I wouldn't worry about ordering from him on eBay. You should be covered by a money back guarantee with them and an ability to dispute through PayPal. There's no need to be worried because of those you can fall back on. For those reasons, he should have it on hand to send to you.

I agree with all that's been said otherwise.

For what it's worth I bought one of the kits from Scott before Christmas. I paid and it turned up pretty quickly (about 3 or 4 weeks I think) and I live in New Zealand.

I wouldn't worry about ordering from him on eBay. You should be covered by a money back guarantee with them and an ability to dispute through PayPal. There's no need to be worried because of those you can fall back on. For those reasons, he should have it on hand to send to you.

I agree with all that's been said otherwise.

Ebay money back guarantee only is in effect for 45 days after purchase. If you are strung along for this amount of time, too late, your are out of luck.

My point is to not get strung along if that's what it turns into. After all of these testimonials it would be a bad idea to wait over the protected time.

I handed over all the info I have to my local field office this morning with my friend. Ball is gonna come crashing down on him.

The problem is you guys give these people to much credit and time. Especially those that are law enforcement etc. When someone continues to do things the same way for over a decade and it costs people money it is called a pattern of criminal activity. While most of this stuff is out of statue of limitations it will go to prove a pattern and will be used going forth for any and all issues and used in sentencing per the Federal sentencing guidelines.

No more waiting no more chances enough is enough. Its out of my hands now. In the last week this thread was opned i have collected 27 peoples private information that have contacted me via pm. 27 fu**Cking people man 27!!!!

There are so many people Scott cant even remember or get it straight. He thought I was a previous customer that he had refunded. Thats how many people this dude has screwed so many he cant even keep a potential new customer from a old one that he ripped off. How Farked is that crap.

This has nothing to do with his health either most of these issues go back almost two decades. Yall are excuse me a bunch of suckers for waiting on this **** this long hanging on to HOPE that you will get your scratch or model

The issue is in this day and age you are stuck with no recourse if you wait more than 45 days Garage kit people should be forced to put up their own money and have stock or stop selling. This is 2017 not 1995

OR START A ******** KICK STARTER! Then at least when you fail to deliver your ass is covered legally.

mods can lock this thread i have obtained all the info i set out to get!

I had to use the eBay dispute with Scott to get my kit. It was pretty clear to me around day 40, he wasn't going to ship unless I prodded him to do so.
I filed a dispute, which LOCKED his eBay account.
That got his attention.

He he sent me a few emails calling me an *******, that he would send me a tracking number if I cleared the dispute.
I told him that once I received the kit, I would clear the dispute. For all I knew, he could have shipped me a box of rocks.

I never did receive a tracking number, but a week or so later, a kit showed up at my doorstep. I cleared the dispute after that.

Pretty sure that if I hadn't done this, I'd still be waiting around with my thumb in my ass, and Scott still shoveling excuses about his mom being sick, his dog ran away, and his truck not starting...
There is a bad country song in there somewhere!! Lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back