Urethane question

Keatonknight

Hi guys.I'm newbie for using urethane and pouring cowls. My problem is if every casting which I've pulled out of the mold is too shiny.I would prefer a more matte look. How can I reach if the finished cowls would be matte look?
My resin master was sprayed a black primer. Should I use another brand or not a primer?
The silicone mold was done by 20 shore rubber and I use Smooth-on Vytflex 40 rubber as castings.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've never worked with urethane but have pulled cowls before. Maybe a light coat of a matte spray paint sprayed in the mold before casting might help. If the urethane sets against a matte surface i would think it would come out with a matte surface. Just make sure the coat is thin so you don't lose too much detail. But like I said, I haven't worked with urethane before, so what I've said is just what i think might work.

Moviepropmaker6

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies.It means a lot. I only sprayed with primer my master .I try to spray a light coat of matte paint next time. Actually I thought a primer coat will be good and enough as it had given a matte look already.

I usually dust my mould with Talc prior casting but I only used that when the casting was resin.I've never tried if it's work with urethane as well or not.It sounds good and I definitely give it a try .

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back