Sundowner's lightsaber builds

Sundowner

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The weather is finally breaking and I can get started on building the pile of hilts I have.

• Luke's TFA Behind The Scenes Lightsaber
I didn't take any pictures when it was shiny. I dulled the finish with a spin through the dishwasher on a normal cycle, top rack, with Reeva dishwasher tablets with a heat dry. I'm pretty happy with how the finish turned out however I'm not down yet!

IMG_9518.JPGIMG_9519.JPGIMG_9520.JPGIMG_9522.JPGIMG_9559.JPGIMG_9561.JPG

• Rey's TFA Lightsaber
So far I've put the new clamp on and filed down the eyelet around the bulb. The eyelet was super easy to do with a dremel sanding drum and low speed. I cleaned it up with sand paper and Brasso. My next step is the grips. I plan on attaching them with epoxy and rivets however I'm worried that the rivets might crack the grips.

IMG_9557.JPGIMG_9558.JPG

• Luke's v2
As soon as it arrives I'll be working on that too!

All of the accessories!

IMG_9564.JPG

Sorry about out the pictures, they always look great in the preview then get turned on their sides whenever I post

Attachments

• IMG_9560.JPG
    IMG_9560.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
Very lovely! I like the weathering finish on the armory saber!!

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for the snow to clear and 50degree weather so I can start working again.

Can do only so much in my bedroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very lovely! I like the weathering finish on the armory saber!!

I'm in the same boat as you, waiting for the snow to clear and 50degree weather so I can start working again.

Can do only so much in my bedroom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The prop projects really stacked up over the winter!

60° weather has hit! I was able to finish my TFA Romflex. I chose rivets over screws after reading Seth's awesome lightsaber book! Below are a few shots and an appearance of a Sundowner action figure.

IMG_9969.JPGIMG_9970.JPGIMG_9971.JPGIMG_9972.JPGIMG_9975.JPG

It looks just like the real thing! No go jump onto a sail barge and wreck a gangster’s party.

Fantastic job on matching the black, man.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back