My Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

Jumpman2315

So from the urging of some members in this Spiderman thread (http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=260326&page=29&p=4185870#post4185870), I've decided to document my journey in making Spiderman's homemade suit seen in the Homecoming trailer and pictures of toys for the movie (see below for reference).

spider-man-homecoming-6-inch-figure-assortment-spider-man-homemade-suit-1485429661882_1280w.jpg marvel-spider-man-homecoming-legends-series-6-inch-figure-assortment-spider-man-homemade-suit.png

I started the emblem design on the hoodie before the picture of the toy on the right was released (which I think will be more true to the movie) but oh well. I'm happy with how it turned out and won't be changing it. It's a basic sleeveless hoodie I found on Amazon. The emblem was drawn on using black fabric marker filling in a paper cut out I overlayed on top of the hoodie. Did maybe 2 or 3 layers to get the darkness I wanted.

1.jpg

Currently, I'm working on the webshooters. Once again, nothing fancy. Using a thin and a thicker size of craft foam, Mod Podge, gray spraypaint, and velcro to secure it around my wrists.

webshooters1.jpg

As for the hood, goggles, blue sweatpants, red knee high socks, and shoes, I ordered them from Amazon. I'll be happy to provide links if people are interested. I will have to paint the rubber soles of the shoes red to match. I got some kid's fingerless red Spiderman gloves from Target for $3 (they are stretchy so they still fit my adult hands - and no, I do not have Trump-sized small paws :) ). They have a Spiderman logo on the back, which I think is neat and fits. I drew some web lines on them with a black fabric marker. I'll upload a pic of those when I get home. I already have a blue long sleeve athletic shirt so that's one expense down.

I plan on wearing this to a con in April so I'm also going to add a web backpack to the ensemble. I'm currently electing to go the easier route and follow the guide that uses a drawstring backpack and some Tulip Puffy paint. The tutorial is on Youtube. Anyone have experience making it this way versus the other one out there that utilizes a bowl and a spool of plastic lacing?

Other than that, I'm just waiting on the things to ship in from Amazon to put it all together. I'll update when that happens.

---UPDATE---

Hot glued web cartridges to the wrist bands. Hopefully after painting them, they'll hold up and not crack since they'll be wrapping around my wrists.
IMG_3628.JPG

I received my 2nd skin mask and goggles earlier than expected. Never used one before and it was tough to see out of especially when I put the goggles on. I cut 2 small holes over where my eyes would be on the mask and voila, problem solved. Visibility is still a little diminished due to the tint of the goggles but I don't think it will negatively affect my ability to maneuver around the con. I might cut the plastic nose guard piece shorter so that the goggles can come together more to fit my face better. (How do I change the orientation of pictures I put in my post?)
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_3630.JPG IMG_3629.JPG

Here are the gloves I mentioned in my original post.
IMG_3631.JPG

Last edited:
by the way ,the gloves should be black,isn't it?

I've ordered the goggles
and a red spandex mask
I'll buy the hoodie in local boutiques. can I use EVA foam for the web shooters ?guess I will use 5mm thick ones.i'll
apply a coat of pva glue 1:1 water mixture to the EVA foam then hand paint it.

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

by the way ,the gloves should be black,isn't it?

I've ordered the goggles
and a red spandex mask
I'll buy the hoodie in local boutiques. can I use EVA foam for the web shooters ?guess I will use 5mm thick ones.i'll
apply a coat of pva glue 1:1 water mixture to the EVA foam then hand paint it.

Yea about the gloves... the first released pic of the toy version of the homemade suit showed him with red gloves. The second toy picture released showed him with black gloves. I just went ahead and decided on red, but I think either or works. Good luck on your build! Start a thread, I'm interested in seeing your progress.

Yea about the gloves... the first released pic of the toy version of the homemade suit showed him with red gloves. The second toy picture released showed him with black gloves. I just went ahead and decided on red, but I think either or works. Good luck on your build! Start a thread, I'm interested in seeing your progress.

I love the gloves dude! But I was revisiting the little teaser we got about Spidey's web wings. And I found out that the gloves are both red and black. Red on the top and black on the palm of the glove. image.jpg

I'll start this project about in late March or April. I have to focus on my studies now.i'll post the pics here ,can't i?

Went out of town for the weekend but am almost done with the web shooters. Started work on a web backpack so I'll post pics when I get back. I also might re-do the goggles after seeing another thread for the homemade suit.

I had the same pair in gray and they are so inconfortable and they rip easily

- - - Updated - - -

any updates to the suit?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back