My Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

---UPDATE---

Added spider web lines to the gloves.

1.JPG

Re-designed web shooters are coming along nicely. Last step is to finish it with Pledge Floor Care Finish.

---UPDATE---

Costume test for the con next weekend. I liked the way it turned out. Goggles fogged up after only a couple minutes, not sure how to remedy that. I would like to do a version 3 of the webshooters though after seeing more recent photos of them, if I have time. I'm thinking red wrist sweatband with craft foam cartridges glued on them. Might be more comfortable.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

---UPDATE---

Costume test for the con next weekend. I liked the way it turned out. Goggles fogged up after only a couple minutes, not sure how to remedy that. I would like to do a version 3 of the webshooters though after seeing more recent photos of them, if I have time. I'm thinking red wrist sweatband with craft foam cartridges glued on them. Might be more comfortable.

View attachment 717122 View attachment 717123 View attachment 717124
that's AMAZING ! how did you fog the lenses ?

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

that's AMAZING ! how did you fog the lenses ?

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I think they fogged up from the inside just from me breathing. Maybe I just need to take shallower breaths?? I don't know. I'm planning on just carrying around a piece of cloth to wipe them down if they get too foggy when I am roaming the con.

IMG_0235.JPG
Hey guys! Just started my build on the homemade suit. I'm so late but that's because I'm trying to find all the pieces before ordering more. I really need feedback to see if it looks good so far. Do you guys think it's ok so far? Like if the front spider looks good? Don't mind my face! Also I took a hot shower after a workout so that's why my hairs that way.

View attachment 720498
Hey guys! Just started my build on the homemade suit. I'm so late but that's because I'm trying to find all the pieces before ordering more. I really need feedback to see if it looks good so far. Do you guys think it's ok so far? Like if the front spider looks good? Don't mind my face! Also I took a hot shower after a workout so that's why my hairs that way.

Looks good so far.! What pieces do you have and what are you missing?

Looks good so far.! What pieces do you have and what are you missing?

I'm trying to find a lot of the pieces for it. The only things I have is the red hoodie and the blue long sleeved shirt. My sweatpants are on the way right now. I'm having a hard time finding some fingerless gloves that look the part. And the web shooters are being a pain. Cause by the looks of the Hot Toys figure, it looks like the web shooters are made with sweatbands / wristbands. And I don't really know where to start with the web shooters.

I'm trying to find a lot of the pieces for it. The only things I have is the red hoodie and the blue long sleeved shirt. My sweatpants are on the way right now. I'm having a hard time finding some fingerless gloves that look the part. And the web shooters are being a pain. Cause by the looks of the Hot Toys figure, it looks like the web shooters are made with sweatbands / wristbands. And I don't really know where to start with the web shooters.

Try these for the fingerless gloves. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011HBWR2E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for the webshooters, I just made the entire thing a glossy silver with craft foam. You could do something similar to what I did but then paint the part that wraps around the wrist a dark red and the web cartridges a silver to get it closer to movie accurate.

These are the gloves in getting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...=SL75_QL70&keywords=red+fingerless+gloves

And for the webshooter bands in going to try using the cuff parts from my hoodie with added elastic and/or straps.

These are the gloves in getting:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...=SL75_QL70&keywords=red+fingerless+gloves

And for the webshooter bands in going to try using the cuff parts from my hoodie with added elastic and/or straps.

Oh nice! Those gloves are superb! And that's actually an awesome idea for the web shooters!

Try these for the fingerless gloves. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011HBWR2E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As for the webshooters, I just made the entire thing a glossy silver with craft foam. You could do something similar to what I did but then paint the part that wraps around the wrist a dark red and the web cartridges a silver to get it closer to movie accurate.

Yeah. Same! I wanna do the wrist sweatbands and put the silver web cartridges. Any tips for the mask? Cause I have a faceshell I don't use but it's hard to breath in it.

Oh nice! Those gloves are superb! And that's actually an awesome idea for the web shooters!

Yeah. Same! I wanna do the wrist sweatbands and put the silver web cartridges. Any tips for the mask? Cause I have a faceshell I don't use but it's hard to breath in it.

The current theory is that the mask is made from the sleeves of the hoodie, cause it's the exact color and fabric as the hoodie.

I just used the SecondSkin Spandex Mask (https://www.amazon.com/gp/your-acco...F8&orderFilter=months-6&search=&startIndex=20) and cut out eyeholes so that my visibility would be better with the goggles on. I didn't end up using a faceshell.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back