My Spiderman Homecoming Homemade Suit Build

---UPDATE---

So while I'm waiting for some supplies to get in to tweak my goggles, I went ahead and made a web backpack so that I will have something functional to lug around all my crap in. Now, I doubt he'll have one in the movie, but the web backpack is iconic enough in Spider-man lore that I think I can get away with it. Started with a simple nylon white draw string bag. Used 2 squeeze bottles of Tulip Puffy White Paint to add web-like details. Then finished it off with a giant spiderweb on top. I didn't actually heat the paint up to make it puffy, but I would imagine that would look decent too.

Bag.JPG Bag_Intermediate.jpg Bag_final.jpg

Next is some finishing spray paint on the white velcro of my web shooters to help them blend in better. I got the red knee high socks in the other day and they work well with the blue sweat pants I have. Last steps will be to mess around with the goggles and then get some red shoes and paint them if I need to.

Last edited:
---UPDATE---

I decided to change the goggles to one that is more comfortable. Also, as seen in AABC1999's thread, I added perforated white vinyl to the lenses so that they are more accurate. Not sure if I'm going to make them squinty or keep them as is. If I do, I'll probably end up using black craft foam. I also changed out the tinted lenses to clear ones to help my visibility. Because of the white vinyl, my eyes aren't that visible to someone looking at me so it still maintains the intended purpose.

IMG_3652.JPG

---UPDATE---

Finished with the webshooters. Even after Mod Podge and careful painting, it's starting to crack around the areas where it curves. Any suggestions on how to make them more durable yet still flexible?

IMG_3654.JPG

Got the red shoes and will paint them tonight.

IMG_3653.JPG

What if I sealed the foam with Plasti Dip, paint it, and then finish it with one of the Mod Podge sprays? Would that provide sufficient durability and flexibility?
I think it's mod podge that causes the paint to crack.actually,Plasti dip IS the sealer.i think plasti dip spray paint is the
best option.

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

Gotcha. So Plasti Dip to prime/coat the foam. Then spray paint them. And that's it? I don't need to add a layer of protection on top of the paint?

I think it's mod podge that causes the paint to crack.actually,Plasti dip IS the sealer.i think plasti dip spray paint is the
best option.

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

---UPDATE---

Painted the rubber soles of the shoes black and got the gloves in. These are more accurate to the movie than the ones I got earlier. I guess I'll give those away to my nephew who likes Spider-Man.

IMG_3670.JPG

Next step, redesigning the webshooters. I'm going to make them smaller in size overall but not as snug of a fit. My original ones were way too tight and would have been quite uncomfortable for long use. I'm also going to switch to Plasti Dip to prime the foam to see if it'll be more flexible/durable and E6000 adhesive instead of hot glue. Just hope this turns out better than the Ironman glove I made in a similar fashion that started to crack and wear out.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back