Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

See page 5 of this thread.

ty, I need to start back at page 1 and make notes. I am a PIO for a large Fire Dept and every time I sit down to work on this I get a call but wow, there are a lot of quality pieces with this :)

Each are 13.5 inches from the front of the engine cans to the tail shroud, but you should give yourself an extra 1/4 inch to connect with the shroud

Hi.
Did any one have received the pilots with their kit?
Mike if you read this, I've sent you a message if you have 2 minutes. ;)

S

Hi.
Did any one have received the pilots with their kit?
Mike if you read this, I've sent you a message if you have 2 minutes. ;)

S
No pilot here either. Mike did say that he is going to send out a care package for some missing pieces regarding the fist batch of kits. I was missing a few pieces and a pilot if it comes with one.

For those that order the T-8 - 90086, I am not so sure you need 2 packs of those. The pack I got was 24" long so if you cut them in half you would have 8. How long are the rails on the engine struts supposed to be for when building the model ?? If they need to be cut longer than 12" I could see getting 2 packs. I would also just order 1 of each pack of the others because there is a bunch, but that's just me ;)

1/4” ABS TEE
from Plastruct, code number T-8. It is easiest to order two of their 4-packs, catalog code #90086.

The t-Struts are 13 1/4" long - you'll need two packs

Last edited by a moderator:
Update, got the last few good kits I could out of the first set of molds last week. Will ship those this week. Re mold is in full swing this week.

Everyone should have gotten that little pilot bust, if not let me know and i will send it with the little update box.

Still sorting that part out.

thanks
mike

Remold should be done by Monday, casting resumes on Wed., molds will need to post cure for a day or so before i can use them.
thanks
mike

Wonderfest is at the end of the month. This is literally the worst month to get a modeler's product, attention, or help. We are all frantically prepping our projects for the big show.

I got my kit back in March, so awesome, I didn't realize who the caster was. Its such a beautiful kit I can't wait to build mine next year. I'll enjoy following your builds in the mean time. :) But now I'm addicted and need an X-Wing.

Hey Guys, I will get back to everyone later today. I have been super busy making the new molds, and I had an unexpected passing in my family. I am a day behind what I expected due to the funeral, but the new molds are done and production will resume tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. I will get to them today or tomorrow.
thanks
mike

Hey Guys, I will get back to everyone later today. I have been super busy making the new molds, and I had an unexpected passing in my family. I am a day behind what I expected due to the funeral, but the new molds are done and production will resume tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to everyone. I will get to them today or tomorrow.
thanks
mike

Very sorry to hear about the loss in your family. This also answers my question I messaged you about so no need to respond.

Hey Jason is this all that is neede to complete the y wing? And is all the info correct?

In addition, you will need to purchase 8
1/4” ABS TEE from Plastruct, code number T-8. It is easiest to order two of their 4-packs, catalog code #90086.
You will also need to puchase butyrate coated wire and butyrate tubing from Plastruct as well. I used the following catalog code tubes/wires: 90101,
90102, 90103, 90104, 90105. You also need Plastruct tube tb 48 for the thruster assemblies.

the tb-48 is not listed in the catalog

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back