Gold Leader 2017 kit alert (and instructions)

Unfortunately although the RPF has on-site storage, it isn't reliable. Pics disappear. Any pic you want to last forever in a post should be hotlinked from elsewhere.

Just a note... It would be VERY handy for those not in the US/UK to know before hand what's needed from Plastruct/EMA. Not everyone has easy access to them :-/

Check tb-28 ID against an Aavid heatsink OD... pretty sure it's that tube. You need just one. Don't know where "48" came from.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 1.42.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 1.42.59 PM.png
    268.5 KB · Views: 331
Ok, continued update on my end.

Rolling along well again now, new molds +moving back into the "big" shop are all done.

I expect to have all but the most recent orders shipped before I leave for Wfest.

I will address the update package after Wfest as well. In short, it's much easier for me to ship everyones kit sans those parts, and then send out the few bits to everyone. That way i don't need to keep track of who needs it, because everyone will.

Again, these are just a few odds and ends, you will have plenty of work in front of you before you need those parts, you could even finish the kit and add these last little bits on.

Things should be much more manageable for me as well after Wfest. Between this, and other projects for Wfest, I have been a bit overwhelmed with almost every minute of my day accounted for. After Wfest I will be less busy, at least for a little bit.
thanks
mike

I've spent the last several hours cleaning the small parts of this kit. The detail is incredible!

I look forward to starting on this project...

Thanks for the updates Mike!

Ok, continued update on my end.

Rolling along well again now, new molds +moving back into the "big" shop are all done.

I expect to have all but the most recent orders shipped before I leave for Wfest.

I will address the update package after Wfest as well. In short, it's much easier for me to ship everyones kit sans those parts, and then send out the few bits to everyone. That way i don't need to keep track of who needs it, because everyone will.

Again, these are just a few odds and ends, you will have plenty of work in front of you before you need those parts, you could even finish the kit and add these last little bits on.

Things should be much more manageable for me as well after Wfest. Between this, and other projects for Wfest, I have been a bit overwhelmed with almost every minute of my day accounted for. After Wfest I will be less busy, at least for a little bit.
thanks
mike

Ok another quick update. If the schedule holds I should only have like 3 or 4 kits to do after Wfest, then i will be caught up for this first time in a few months.

Right after I get back from WF I will get those last kits out and get started on the update packages. It should go quick. I am going to make some gang molds so i can pour like 3 or 4 sets a day.

Once that is done, I will be doing a very short run of the Tyderium Shuttle with some improved parts. I will also be doing a build for a customer and will document it here.

I will also be opening up the SS snowspeeder again for Steve, made some new molds last fall and I have only poured a few kits out of them.

Hi guys,

just wanted to check in with you about flashing removal. It seems I will have to reintroduce the grid lines at the front of the cockpit after I have sanded down the extra flash. A scalpel should do the trick? Also what filler would you recommend for the seam after the top and bottom section of the cockpit are joined?

IMG_0871.JPGIMG_0870.JPGIMG_0869.JPG

Cheers.

Last edited:
I usually use the back of an exacto blade, one with just the very tip of it snapped off. I mean like just a hair at the top of the blade. Or i use specialty scribing saws from Japan, which is a good tool to have anyway. They are photo etch and not very expensive

Hi guys,

just wanted to check in with you about flashing removal. It seems I will have to reintroduce the grid lines at the front of the cockpit after I have sanded down the extra flash. A scalpel should do the trick? Also what filler would you recommend for the seam after the top and bottom section of the cockpit are joined?

View attachment 731872View attachment 731873View attachment 731874

Cheers.

Hey Guys, I am off to Wfest. I can't always reliably check RPF from my phone so Facebook or email is best way to get me. I expect to be pretty busy so I may not be able to get to messages quickly.

I did not get to ship all i wanted too, my daughter was sick home a couple days last week and then i was sick over the weekend. It put me behind a couple of days on casting, I have some kits cast and ready to ship other than the armature. Which means when i get home i will cut those armature and ship them almost right away.

Sorry for the delay, it was a whopper of a cold for both of us. But it should only delay the overall target for getting all of this done and onto the next project by like 3 or 4 days.
thanks
mike

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back