Richard Hatch has passed away. :(

Alway a fixture at DragonCon. His panels were so down to earth. Kinda like hanging out in his living room and just talking Another action hero from my youth gone. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He will always be Apollo to me. I also remember him playing Jan of Jan and Dean fame in a TV movie around the same time as BSG.

As others said, a very kind soul.

Got a photo with me, Richard, Terry Carter & Dirk at Galacticon III.

I've heard those that know him well, besides the kindness also say
what an intense person he could be (in a good way).

You can read that intensity in his eyes in all the closeups of him
in serious situations in the original BSG series.

This sucks. Richard carried the torch for BSG along side us fans when everyone had written it off. He was so giving of his time and truly was a fan himself. I'll miss him.

missing man.jpg Made this yesterday.

I'm late in posting to this. He seemed like he was in such good shape. I understand he died of pancreatic cancer. My sister died of the same disease just a few months ago. I met him a few years back att the Calgary expo. Very nice person, he was the only celebrity I've ever met who asked me what I did for a living. He also mentioned his mother was a Canadian originally from Saskatchewan. My heart goes out to his family. RIP.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back