Mass Effect N7 Armor

ERen89

The next build I want to do is armor from Mass Effect 3. I started on a suit for ME2 a few years back but didn't get far but I am wanting to start new since I have more tools to work with. Of course I'll be doing EVA foam but I'm just concerned of it looking too obvious that it's just painted foam. I've seen some nice builds but it just still had that foam look.

I'm now wondering if I'd be able to incorporate aluminum tape. I learned a technique through an Adam savage video in a one day build when he was making a sword and he used that tape on top of other things to weather it and make it look very real. I'm wondering if there's a way to change the color of the tape and then incorporate it with the foam to give it a nice texture. Also I'm planning to start on the helmet first which I feel might be the most difficult part I just have to find the proper templates if I can somehow achieve this quality that would be my goal

IMG_4166.JPG

Check out Pepakura.eu / Onekura.com / Thingiverse.com for your helmet templates,and if they don't have this file,try file a request with clear description/pictures in the "What Pepakura file would you like - Redux" thread.

Ok I have decided I am going to do pepakura for the helmet. I got the file for that so I am good on that but I am having a really hard time finding a template for a foam build for the suit from ME3

if anyone can help me out as far as where I can find this I would appreciate it a lot. I can only seem to find the older ones, mostly from ME2

But this is what I am looking for

ME3_N7_Armor.jpg

Theres this "premium" kind of foam called "EVA 100kg" that is perfect and doesn't really look like foam if you paint it right. It is very expensive though.

Using the usual EVA floor mats does have an advantage, because this is one of the few build where the textured side comes in handy because it helps give that kind of carbon fiber (not really) look. Many skilled makers were able to create awesome n7 armor with basic floor mats!

ERen,if all else fails,you could post a request with description/pictures in the "What Pepakura files would you like - Redux" thread.Laellee may​ be able to help you.

ERen,if all else fails,you could post a request with description/pictures in the "What Pepakura files would you like - Redux" thread.Laellee may​ be able to help you.

OK yeah I'll check out the file request thread thanks I know that was mentioned a little bit earlier but I over read that. I'm definitely going to go with the EVA foam I just got a pack of the pads. But I'm going with Bondo for the helmet which I already got the files for that part.

Thanks

Last edited:
Theres this "premium" kind of foam called "EVA 100kg" that is perfect and doesn't really look like foam if you paint it right. It is very expensive though.

Using the usual EVA floor mats does have an advantage, because this is one of the few build where the textured side comes in handy because it helps give that kind of carbon fiber (not really) look. Many skilled makers were able to create awesome n7 armor with basic floor mats!

Yeah I'm definitely using those pads. I know a lot of people like that texture that's already included but to me personally in my opinion, it kind of gives too much of a throw off from looking like a different material in my eyes. I don't know, no matter how good of a job you do it seems like it always looks like foam to me but that might just be me alone. I think I'm going to try and come up with a way to put the texture onto the surface after it's painted and completed in a different way. Because looking at high-quality cinematic clips and renderings of the suit from the games they don't really bump out like the foam does so I'm gonna try and come up with an alternative to make it a little bit more flattened down whether I find some sort of stencil to airbrush on or something, but I won't worry about that until I get there

I saw some Mass Effect N7 related files on papercraftsquare.com yesterday.Might be worth your time checking it out

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back