Another of Those Kylo Helmets... but an affordable one!

j04k

So.. this is my second thread, i´ve seen a lot of great Kylo builds (black series, rubies child, 3d printed, and of course the anovos one). But... i had to face 2 problems:Money and head Size :O.
So basically my head is big... like really big, I´m 6.1 but the black series helmet looks like a child mask on me.... same goes for the rubies child size 2 piece helmet so my choice was basically.... not real.
Now i know the helmet is not near accurate in proportions as the othes (even the black series looks weird on some angles) but, since im doing a budget kylo build its not a bad starting point.

star-wars-the-force-awakens-kylo-ren-deluxe-helmet-rubies-costume-mask-2.jpg

Some important changes to make:
Remove the velcro straps to join the 2 pieces on the helmet (totally useless)
Fill the gaps between the 2 pieces
Drill the holes between the chrome and then but some kind of fabric behind
Remove the visor mesh and replace it with something better (of course a mesh not a crystal visor)

I will keep updating the post with the changes, the feedback will be welcome,!

If you get some money in the future, ad want to upgrade, I can recommand the JJ V2 kit, especially if you are within Europe, his raw pulls are 180£ and size is for quite big heads.

If you get some money in the future, ad want to upgrade, I can recommand the JJ V2 kit, especially if you are within Europe, his raw pulls are 180£ and size is for quite big heads.

Thank you for the response!, i am finishing this build to see if i can get a decent end result but i will definetly check out the JJ kit, ive heard artisan FX makes a finished version based on that kit right?

Some updates, i´ve filled the 2 pieces with some putty (with a little fiberglass to give it consistency), the mesh of the visor has been removed and i made some holes between the chrome parts in the mouth, so far so good!
IMG_8109.JPG

You can ask to Richard Campbell if you want a finished helmet, he is in UK, so you will avoid very expensive extra shipping cost, and you will also avoid custom fees.
Richard makes good BS helmets mots, and finish on helmets too.
He can get it chromed too.
You will avoid shipping ot USA and shipping back, lots of money saved.

You can ask to Richard Campbell if you want a finished helmet, he is in UK, so you will avoid very expensive extra shipping cost, and you will also avoid custom fees.
Richard makes good BS helmets mots, and finish on helmets too.
He can get it chromed too.
You will avoid shipping ot USA and shipping back, lots of money saved.

Thank you for that, i really appreciate the recommendation! :)

Rich

A little update, work has been crazy this week, but i started painting the metal/chrome parts on the helmet
View attachment 705745
In anybody is wondering what is the base for the metal parts, its tamiya`s chrome silver.

- - - Updated - - -

And a bonus, here is the "little" helmet compared to a standar good'ol Don Post Darth Vader standard Helmet... so many memories ^^

IMG_20161231_103654.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back