Please help: Screen used ROTJ Biker Scout helmet

DownInFlames

Hello crowd,

I´m really trying to find either an original Biker Scout helmet or an original casting.

Is it possible to come across one ? Do original copies exist?

I own several of them (fan made replicas: Altmann´s, FS, etc) and even if they are very good, they are not screen accurate.

Is really the Altmann´s the "best one" out there or are there other options?

Please help.

Thanks

Last edited:
Re: Screen used ROTJ Biker Scout helmet

Ha! My heart actually skipped a beat when I read the title of this thread... I though someone was showing off a Biker Scout helmet! :rolleyes

AFAIK the only screenused Biker Scout helmet in a 'private' colllection, is the one which belongs to Steve Sansweet.
Off course, he's aslo a Lucas employee, so I wouldn't head over to his house with a big tub of sillicone rubber anytime soon :p

The only other Biker Scout options for a replica helmet are original sculpts...

Best regards,
John

Hello crowd,
Does anyone know anything about where I could find an original (screen used) Biker Scout helmet or a direct pull from one?
Feel free to PM me.
Thanks

Don´t do this again... NEVER! :lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Woooh.. this kind of title will kill me one of these days... PLEASE... do not do this again.. My heart is very weak :p

The Altmanns biker was cast from a screen used helmet and is known as being one of the most accurate. I do believe though, that they're as rare as hens teeth, so my suggestion is keep an eye out on the JY or eBay, good luck :)

Cheers,

Kraig

I've been to Sansweet's place and held the screen used bucket. Personally, I think the Altmanns and the MLC are the best options out there that resemble it the closest.

normal_IMG_9537.JPG

[quote=WebChief;364089]I've been to Sansweet's place and held the screen used bucket. Personally, I think the Altmanns and the MLC are the best options out there that resemble it the closest.

normal_IMG_9537.JPG
[/quote]

:eek MAN, you can't get any better than that!!! Thanks for the pic Webchief. So you were one of the fans that got to help SS sort his stuff out when he moved into his new joint? Ya lucky sod :)

Cheers,

Kraig

Yup, tons more pics. That particular photo is thanks to Brian (TK7602).... he was there with me.

My album of pics is here:

Skywalker Ranch & Presidio:

http://www.501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=496&page=1

Rancho Obi-Wan:

http://www.501neg.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=498

And TK7602's album is here:

http://www.stormtrooperguy.com/gallery/index.php?cat=12

Thanks, yeah... it really was a dream come true. The only thing that would have made it even better would have been a chance to get into the archives on the Ranch. No dice there though. :unsure

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back