Limited Run <<< MPP >>> anyone??? _ NOW SHIPPING!!!

Romans Empire

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
May 23, 2018

Right now I'm on Oct/Nov 2017 orders. I just printed labels yesterday up to Jan 2018.

Dec & Jan months are VERY order "heavy".

I'm sorry this is taking longer than I thought, but I am shipping everyday. Including keeping up with regular orders.

I'm getting there. I'm getting there. :)

May 14, 2018

I'm just finishing up April 2017 orders today. This is the last order "heavy" month from the pre-orders.

So I should be able to be completely caught up by this coming weekend. Thank you for your patience. :)

APRIL 30. 2018

MPP's are now shipping! Matter of fact, some people will receive theirs today!

Overall this finish is some if the best quality I have ever seen. These are beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous! This is not to say they are perfect. Do not expect perfection, but I have yet to find any real flaws. So the scratch & dent sales don't look good for these MPPs.
1f609.png
;)

That being said, the B-Port greeblies are press-fit, and out of the 100 or so I've inspected only 2 greeblies were loose. I just opened them up a bit with a tiny flat head and pressed them back in. Doesn't seem to be an issue, but still be careful you don't lose yours.

I should have all these shipped it within 2 weeks. Thanks to everyone that jumped in on this project, and thank you so much for your patience.

20180430_093739_resized.jpg 20180430_093658_resized.jpg

MARCH 21, 2018

Hey Guys,

Clamps, Shrouds & End Caps are in route to me!!!

Complete MPPs will be in route to me in two weeks!

I know this project has seemed jinxed as of late, but we've finally got product coming our way!!! Thank you so much for all your patience. :thumbsup

JANUARY 19, 2018

Okay Guys,

Heard from the shop and it's not terrible news, but they are running behind.

They said they could try and rush them out before Chinese New Year, but were hoping I would give them until the end of February. Even though I really want to start shipping these... I didn't really want them to "rush" the product out... so I told them late February was fine.

I hope everyone is okay with this. I'm very sorry, but I figured it would be best to wait a bit longer and avoid compromising any quality right at the finish line.

DECEMBER 24, 2017

Hey Guys,

The shop is expecting to ship these very soon. Last week they said soon after Christmas, so should be very soon. Will update as soon as I get a shipping notice. :)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! :cheers

NOVEMBER 16, 2017:

Hey guys,

Final assembly started a few days ago. Here are some pics of a few small details. Threaded end cap plug, red S (easy to black out if you like). Don't mind any rough look, scratches, etc... just a sample for quick pics :)
These should be ready by the end of this month. :)

IMG_5117.jpg IMG_5114.jpg IMG_5118.jpg

AUGUST 21, 2017:

Newest sample pics!!! :cool

IMG_39324.jpgIMG_39281.jpgIMG_39292.jpgIMG_39313.jpg

<<< JUNE 21, 2017 >>>

Not the best lighting, but here's a few sample pics. STILL EARLY STAGES.

IMG_3291.JPG IMG_3292.JPG IMG_3289.JPG IMG_3290.JPG
IMG_3293.JPG IMG_3294.JPG IMG_3295.JPG

<<< JUNE14, 2017 >>>

I'm told complete samples will be shipped to me next week! :eek

<<< MAY 4TH, 2017 >>>

What better day than MAY 4TH to get our first sample pics!!! :D
mppshroud.jpg mppclamps.jpg mpplevers.jpg

<<< April 15, 2017 >>>

Next Price Increase will happen when samples are ready. Early-mid May 2017.

<<< April 14, 2017 >>>

LAST DAY for Initial Pre-Order Price!!

<<< April 3, 2017 >>>
First PRICE INCREASE set for April 15th

<<< UPDATE Feb 13, 2017 >>>

MPP IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER!!!
http://romanprops.com/product-category/mpp/

20170213_141730_resized.jpg

- I am offering two MPPs.
One with SILVER sidebars for ANH
One with BLACK sidebars for ESB/ROTJ

- TOOLING will take 6-8 weeks. Please order SOONER than later, so I can adjust the order accordingly once the tooling is complete.

Thanks to @teecrooz for lending all of us his ORIGINAL MPP!!! :)

***NOTE : Sign-up only if you are seriously interested. It's okay to change your mind BEFORE the purchase. However...

- Once time comes to make the purchase, and you actually make the purchase, please follow through on that commitment.
- Please do NOT ask for a refund. You are more than welcome to sell your flashgun once you have received it.
- If you are not sure about your financial situation... do NOT make the purchase.

<<< ORIGINAL Feb 4, 2017 >>>

Hey Guys,

The quote came in for the MPP and it is doable *IF* there is a good pre-order list. Reason being, is that the upfront TOOLING cost is astronomical!! I could buy a car!!!

1) This will be made by my "Summer Clamp" shop. So the quality will be there.
2) This will NOT be a working Flashgun
3) The ETA is excellent, but I'm going to keep that to myself (just in case). I'll say that these will definitely be in your hand in time for Episode VIII.

Pre-order price - $185 + shipping

20161228_154346.jpg 20161228_154409.jpg

So who would be SERIOUSLY interested in an MPP?

20161228_154346.jpg

20161228_154409.jpg

20170213_141730_resized.jpg

mppshroud.jpg

mppclamps.jpg

mpplevers.jpg

IMG_3289.JPG

IMG_3290.JPG

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

IMG_39281.jpg

IMG_39292.jpg

IMG_39313.jpg

IMG_39324.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5118.jpg

20180430_093739_resized.jpg

20180430_093658_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: <<< MPP >>> anyone?

YESSS! Been looking forward to this since you hinted at it on the Graflex thread! Definitely put me down for one!

Might be a silly question however, will this include the clamp? And will stand alone parts be available?

Either way, I'm interested. Might as well have the complete set.:D

Already have your obiwan and graflex.

After this run, what about a stand to display all 3

i am interested!! color me in for 1. when will you be collecting money?

What is a "summer clamp"?

As mentioned in your Graflex thread already, i´m in - in for one for sure, but i guess i will order 2 at the time.

What will be the difference to a working original flash?

Re: &lt;&lt;&lt; MPP &gt;&gt;&gt; anyone?

Im in for one!
Do we pay now?

- - - Updated - - -

Im in!
Do we pay now?

Btw this will be for an ESB version, will the black trapazoid clamp bars be available?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back