Annoying characters you like that everyone else hates

KrangPrime

Master Member
I've NEVER hard a problem with the Snarfs... although at times their voices could be a tad shrill. It was nice to see mostly older characters in the senior citizen age be useful in an adventure show :).

Never had a problem with Orko either. Very original character. and the theme song was awesome.

What in the world is a Snarf? Never heard of it.

hand in your nerd card. shame on you :)
208106-125356-snarf.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Just waiting for the first person to say Jar-Jar Binks...

i couldn't bring myself to go that far :)

Jar Jar. yep. I think it has a lot to do with having a friend who hated him and I used to annoy him with Jar Jar quotes years ago when I used to include movie quotes in conversations. (any of you ever done that? xD )

gonna think of more. i know i have some others

Shortround. I can definitely understand why and how he annoys most people so much, but for some reason he was one of the only kid sidekick characters who worked for me.
Short Round was nowhere near as annoying as Willie Scott; she absolutely ruins the movie for me. To be clear, I don't blame Kate Capshaw--she did what she was hired and directed to do. I blame Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz for writing Willie that way, and Steven Spielberg for directing Miss Capshaw to act like a screaming nitwit.

Short Round was nowhere near as annoying as Willie Scott; she absolutely ruins the movie for me. To be clear, I don't blame Kate Capshaw--she did what she was hired and directed to do. I blame Willard Huyck and Gloria Katz for writing Willie that way, and Steven Spielberg for directing Miss Capshaw to act like a screaming nitwit.

I always thought Jonathan Ke Quan was charming and nailed his role(s) - Goonies included.

Willie never bothered me too much. I suppose I'm one of the few that the juxtaposition of the spoiled socialite versus the grizzled adventurer worked for.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Willie never bothered me too much. I suppose I'm one of the few that the juxtaposition of the spoiled socialite versus the grizzled adventurer worked for.
If they had toned it down a bit, or a lot, it probably wouldn't bother me as much. As it is, it's just too over-the-top for my tastes.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back