Star Destroyer by Zvezda: in my workbench

I'm out at the ranch at the moment, but when I get home, I'll post pics of the plaques he made for me.

I also used Customplaques2014.

They will happily make you a custom plaque with whatever information you need. I wanted an Avenger one for my Zvezda with the 20th century fox and Lucasfilm logos and it came out great.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170319/c2fdbc65704c82310fdb28e6faa34881.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nice!

Side question: what's the difference between an Imperial Class Star Destroyer I and an Imperial Class SD II?

I've done some research and about the best I can find (memory might be wrong) is that ICSD1 is found in ANH and ICSD2 is the Avenger from ESB?

But what are the major differences?

Attachments

• IMG_8502.JPG
    IMG_8502.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_8503.JPG
    IMG_8503.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 121
I put an order for the plaque. Guy will be out this week but said that could make them this next Monday. I still have some work to do....a LOT actually.

Electronics and upper hull and lower hull FO and LEDs are connected and routed through the base bottom. Remote dimmer also connected and functional. All that is left is gluing the ship together, paint, trim FO and weathered slightly.

Short video of the dimmer effect on the engines. It dims and brighten the whole ship's lights. Since there is ambient light the effect is hardly seen at the FO's.

20170324_210807 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

A few more images

20170324_210202 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170324_210235 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170324_210359 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Just a few steps for completion! Opinions and comments welcomed!

Looking good! That little $10 remote is pretty cool isn't it? I'll be using more of those in the future, no more clumsy on/off switches!

So what glue are going to use to glue the upper and lower hulls? I used Testors Model Master liquid with the metal tube. I found that after I had run a bead all the way around a lot had evaporated by the time I got the hulls together. I had to do some spot gluing to secure it. On my second build, I'm going to use good 'ole Testors tube glue And lots of clamps.

Im thinking Tamiya thin cement. It was the one I used to glue my MPC Falcon. Worked great even more knowing how badly that model's fitment was.

I happy to inform that Tamiya cement worked wonderfully! The beast is no longer in two parts....it has become one with the Force....of the adhesion.

20170325_135953 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

20170325_140013 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

No messy glue clumps either. Love this stuff! Now....paint! I hope to finish it this week if time permits. Im still on the fence about the mirror, though. I will try to get a square one to see if I like it better. The thing is that the wood looks so classy that it would be a shame to hide it under a mirror.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back