First timer cosplay, cynder mask (skylander, spyro the dragon)

Arialissa

Hi,

I'm new to the whole cosplay making and I wanted to know what you guys thought of my first attempt to build a mask ever.
I want to make the character Cynder from the spyro games because I think she's just awesome. And also because she's a girl and I'm a girl too ^^.
First I made the head on top of a manequin head (I made sure the measurements were the same as my head.) and put some shapes of horns in it to work around in for the skin.
When I was pleased with the shape I covered it with plaster bandages. Now i'ts kind of a mask. Only I don't realy know if I should use this mask and alter it a little more. Putting details on it with magic sculpt or worbla or if I would be better of making the mask entirely out of worbla or other thermoplastic.
View attachment 703585View attachment 703586View attachment 703587View attachment 703589 20170202_223039.jpg20170202_223022.jpg

Every comment is welcome even criticism but please keep it gentle I'm only learning ^^.

Nice start. :) i think you'll get few comments or tips in this section though. You've put this in the sculpting section and it belongs in the costume section... mebbe ask a mod to move it for ya ;)

I'm not sure your plastic clay will adhere to your mask properly? If you've used water based products to build your mask (great start BTW :thumbsup ) why not use a water based clay (like DAS clay) to add your details ? It'll likely get quite heavy so it might be worth making a mould of it once its finished & then casting it in a lightweight plastic? or paper mache?

HTH :)

Spotted this while it was still in the Sculpture/makeup section btw

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back