Custom Mcfarlane figure Visor Question

jusdrewit

Sr Member
Not sure if this is the correct forum (feel free to move it if necessary), but thought I would try. I've recently tried my hand into customizing NFL Mcfarlane figurines, and converting them into other players/teams etc. I did pretty well my first one, but the toughest part proved to be the visor. I am now wanting to try a second one, but this particular player, has a chrome or gold tinted visor. Here is the actual player with 2 different visors:

B-otTxaWsAAg7O8.jpg1894103.jpg

I have scoured the internet for ideas, and have found this one particular guy who does pretty decent visors on his custom Mcfarlanes, but alas wont spill the secret. Here are his:

16467298_10154441849418666_365610341_n.jpg16443249_10154441849918666_1222367231_n.jpg

I assume it is some sort of film applied either over the default clear visor, the the visor is entirely custom. My last visor I went black, and just used a piece of dark window tint film that one applies over windows to darken the room and cut it to fit over the exact shape of the visor. How he got his so chrome like or the gold one, beats me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
There are cellophane sheets sold for gift bags (used like tissue paper) and some of it is iridescent like that. A little of that layered onto some foil or chromed plastic might give you the effect that you're looking for. Another option might be iridescent nail polish.

Last edited:
You can try the molotow chrome markers on the back of a piece of clear plastic. Those markers are amazing! And you can use some clear yellow on the outside if you want gold.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back