3rd and final Returns cowl mold

drftfan

Sr Member
Background on this particular piece...
I purchased a resin master 7 or 8 years ago. The ear tips were broken off if I remember correctly. I sent the original master to Reevz to restore. Shawn reached out to the "people that would know" and confirmed the authenticity of the piece. But due to his limited time frame he was only able to make a mold of the original and a new resin casting. He sent both pieces back to me. I sold the original master quite a while ago and kept the resin copy. I was living in LA and Brian "Hunterbat" came down from San Fran to visit and I lent him the copy to do the restoration on. After a few years with him I was able to get it back. At that point I did some of my own restoration including bondo work and paint. I originally molded it in 2014 and while it was a good mold I never liked the finish on it. I started the new mold in November of 2016 but once I demolded the original I realized the silicone I used was not going to hold up long term. ( I am having to redo my Robin mold as well ). So after getting moved into my new studio I finally was able to mold the cowl one final time to get the finish I like. Here are the results. I do have a run open in the junkyard.
16265272_1220005141423908_4761791204375923042_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back