Docking Bay 94 forklift

3Dsf

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, as part of my ongoing research into the props used for the Docking Bay 94 set, I've come across something of minor interest. I haven't found any other reference to it.

Basically at the back of the set, camera left, is a completely ordinary British forklift. Technically, it's a "reach truck", though it seems to have had an enormous claw thing attached to it.

From what I can tell, it's a Lansing Bagnall battery-powered "FRER" model reach truck from the 1960s. And, aside from the claw, it's completely bog standard - steering wheel, levers, factory-issue red paint scheme, etc. In fact, the truck is visible in the foreground in the during-construction photo of the set.

http://www.electrokinetica.org/d1/6/index.php

Lansing Bagnall Reach Truck

So. In case that's of interest. Anyone have any ideas what the claw is about? I'm guessing it was never used on the actual reach trucks. But was it made for the set, or was it a repurposed found greebly?

dockingbay94.jpg

Hey, very cool! Looks like a Cascade paper roll mechanism looks very similar. I can't find an exact match, but it's close enough for me to build a 3D model from.

Thanks. :)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back