Bespin Landing Platform for 1/144 Millennium Falcon

This is so awesome!!! It's going to make an incredible display. All you need now is a backdrop with the red sky and clouds. Really excellent work!

Finally got around to my Falcon build, I know it's no where near some of the masterpieces I've seen here but I'm happy with it :) need to add a backdrop to complete the look I want:

497994DD-1B53-4E2D-B465-2ADBF0CD2035.jpg

3EBE9181-61B3-41DC-BB32-0B8AB29083AA.jpg

FCEE6FB5-75FA-49A9-A4DA-8CCDE0203569.jpg

734D3B9A-42BD-4032-886A-4B83A65DB3B7.jpg

F6E131DD-1205-4A45-B226-29F9920AAB69.jpg

42BFC83A-1BBA-4D97-9180-1EA19DAC9CED.jpg

0287FA68-4A58-43F3-A207-F78381B1F091.jpg

Thanks for sharing ,:$
it looks brilliant . Have you considered doing another , but with the slave one on the opposite platform ?
Just asking !
Cheers Ged :thumbsup

Thanks Ged

Slave 1 is definitely on my shortlist to do but maybe not another platform yet (maybe just switch them out occasionally) may be easier to splash out on one of TonyRR's creations: Bespin Platform
But before I start on Slave 1 I will be starting my Deagostini Millennium Falcon and a suitable display case (scored the deal of the century when I got all 100 issues and parts unopened for £150) :D not sure to go with a clean/mirror base or a diorama style (Hoth, Bespin or Mynock Hunt) but whichever I go with it'll probably be some time before I'm on to Slave 1.

Chip

Beauty shots! Love the final comp...eager to see what you'll cook for us with the appropriate background:cool

Lovely! I've had a similar idea to do this with my 1/72 Falcon. I was going to make up my own landing platform, but I wasn't quite sure on how to build it. Thank you for sharing your prototyping and build!

Lovely! I've had a similar idea to do this with my 1/72 Falcon. I was going to make up my own landing platform, but I wasn't quite sure on how to build it. Thank you for sharing your prototyping and build!

Thanks, hope it's of some help. Looking forward to seeing yours come together :thumbsup

G'day Chip ,
You haven't posted in awhile ( hope alls well ) , was wondering if you've completed the Bespin diorama ?
Sorry to see that your shared images of this build were also ' vandalised ' by photobucket .

Best regards ,

Ged

G'day Chip ,
You haven't posted in awhile ( hope alls well ) , was wondering if you've completed the Bespin diorama ?
Sorry to see that your shared images of this build were also ' vandalised ' by photobucket .

Best regards ,

Ged

Hi Ged

Afraid my 1/144 diorama stalled, initially with health problems but then my Deagostini Falcon Kit arrived and ... well you know.... I just couldn't resist getting stuck in :lol
Haven't posted on here for that one (not sure why not tbh) but have been posting on the model-space forum: http://forum.model-space.co.uk/default.aspx?g=posts&t=23320 and made my own blog (merely for keeping own build log I can refer back to): https://chipsmillenniumfalconbuild.wordpress.com/.

Yes I've fallen prey to the greed of the photobucket pirates too. The aim with the diorame was to get a curved piece of perspex with a cloud city image behind it and have it illuminated with RGB led's, but afraid it remains as you last saw it:

I will get around to it, at some point, but the Deagostini build has my attention at the moment, I have just cracked my lighting and sound control so need to get that from the breadboard and made up, I then may take some timeout to finish the diorama background ;)

Morning mate ,

Thanks for responding , and posting ' refresher ' pics - she still looks awesome . Sorry to hear about your health issues , but , glad to know you're feeling better if you're still up to working on projects , :thumbsup . Thanks also for the links to the other sites you're posting on , will check them out too .
Been working on the interior ( hold & corridors ) , and neglecting the exterior assembly for far too long on the Deago myself . I don't have a build thread ( not really confident enough ) or anything , but I have shared some pics ( when I can remember how to ! ) on the Aussie thread of ModelSpace MF buildsite . Don't know how to make ' links ' either sorry .

Anyhoo , keep well and best of luck with the Deagostini MF ,

Cheers Ged
p.s., yeah , don't forget to get back to finishing that terrific diorama when you've the time ;) !!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back