Ana Amari (Shrike)

Beariore

Deleted

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Aw, I thought it was going to be a build of a Shryke from The Edge Chronicles... :( :p

Obviously I'm not familiar with the subject, but just looking at that image, if I was going to do that mask I would use a motorcycle helmet visor (one of the big ones that covers the whole face) and apply the armor pieces to the outside and then the lights on the inside. I would look to lighted Iron Man eyes for inspiration on how you could achieve the look without having lights in your eyes or having them light up your face.

-Rog

Do you know what process you're going to use to craft the helmet? As in, straight up clay sculpture, working from a pep base etc?
A motorcycle visor would work well, but if you want a little more flexibility in the visor shape I'd advise using vacuum formed PET, or
clear worbla moulded over a buck.

Yeah, I guess the discussion should start there: What are your skills/materials/tools and how much time/money do you want to spend on it?

-Rog

I'm also planning on making this a cosplay plan but I'm having a hard time finding a 2D or exploded view of Ana's rifle.

I have been interested in making a cosplay costume of Ana's Shrike skin as well - Fabric elements are done, and I made a replica rifle with a mechanism ripped from a JGBAR10 so it can actually shoot (Still need to paint it!). I have been stuck on the helmet/mask for a while too and here's what I found so far (keep in mind that the helmets I recommend may be out of your price range):

- Motorcycle helmets are generally way too large due to being designed for safety, rather than aesthetics. You might be able to get away with buying an extra small version, and then remove the padding, but I'm not too sure. But if you want to check out a helmet with a very nice shape, I recommend looking at helmets similar to this one: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Helmet-Street-Silvering-SILVER-M/dp/B01G1CMD3W?th=1
61OZCy+XUnL._SL1000_.jpg

- In terms of size, I recommend looking at skydiving helmets as they have a full face visor and are not as massive as motorcycle helmets. However in terms of shape, skydiving helmets have a more rounded chin area. If you want to go this route, I'd look at helmets with a similar shape and size as the Cookie G3:
cookie_g3_matteblack_zoom.png
- I have been pulling my hair out over the past couple weeks trying to find the perfect helmet to use as a base. It might be easier to make a mask rather than a helmet and have the hood cover the back of your head. Honestly the best option in my case is to model a mask out of clay, and then vacuum form it. I'll probably then use tinted window films to get that one-way-mirror effect. If I ever end making a CAD model of the mask I'll be sure to comment a link if anyone wants to download it and try out other methods (like using CNC machines).

- As for lights, Rogviler's idea of using the technique used to make Iron Man eyes would be your best option. You also might be able to use the visor as a light tube, and create the triangular shape like with this Soldier:76 visor down below. If not, then you might have to reposition+rescale the light configuration so you can have lighting strips run across the visor without blocking your eyesight.
be1763e690d62874ab575a17906f432f.jpg

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
How no one has made a 3D model of the Shrike mask is beyond me so I spent an entire day sifting through hundreds of files in the game's directory and I finally found Ana's Shrike model. At the moment I managed to separate the visor from the rest of the mask in case i want to vac form it, but most of the detail that can be seen in game are missing - like indents, or some lines here and there. It'll take a while to clean the model up and add the detail since I'm not the best at 3D modelling. Wish me luck!
WIP.PNG

UPDATE: I've decided that I am going to 3D print this model, then vac form it.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, I don't really use this forum site. Link to the raw ana(shrike) model I ripped from the game: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eocpwg3a9yqi955/Ana_Full.obj?dl=0
I isolated the mask/helmet from the rest of the body. It is not optimized for 3D printing at all due to all the intersecting shells and inverted normals, So you will have to edit the model yourself: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi7n7nq3hs2g33v/Ana Shrike Mask.stl?dl=0

At the moment I have finished making the mask and I am now in the progress of making a makeshift vacuum former. I will upload pics of my progress when that happens.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back