My converted toy snowspeeder into a prop! Now with better pics!

vaderbreath

Sr Member
Edit: Better pics below a few posts!

Here is my converted Hasbro Rogue 2 toy snowspeeder from Target. I added a few details and completely repainted it. The cockpit was changed among other things and although it's not screen accurate, it was a lot cheaper than an MR! Sorry for the bad pics...it's the best I can do with my $14.97 cheapie Wal-Mart camera!

001.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

011.jpg

Here it is next to my MPC kit from a few years ago.
008.jpg

004.jpg

Thanks, Wackychimp!

-Corey

Last edited:
Re: My converted toy snowspeeder into a prop!

Looks very nice. Amazing what a good paint job can do for a "toy". Excellent work!

Thanks! I had so much fun working on this. The weathering is all by hand...I don't have an airbrush. I'll take some pics with my wife's camera tonight and hopefully post some better ones.

-Corey

:eek

Do I have one of these? Why wasn't I informed! Let's get to the bottom of this. I want answers. :lol

Great redo. I love toy conversions! :thumbsup

- k

Too funny! I also did some modest weathering on one of these to make it look more realistic! Not nearly as nice as a piant job as what you did, but it does make for a nice display!:thumbsup

Last edited:

Wow that looks really nice, I just built up an AMT model with the same thought process. How big is the Target version and are they still on the market?

I picked one up on ebay pretty cheap. I removed the cockpit and turned it around. It actually fit really well that way. Otherwise the seats are way too far back. I don't know the dimensions of the Target one, but you can see in the pics that size difference beween this and the MPC/AMT kit.

I'll answer a few PMs publicly in case anyone else was wondering about the paint. I primed it, then used Camo Gray as the base. The stripes were crimson acrylics. The weathering was done using grey, brown, and black artist acrylics thinned out with rubbing alcohol. I put a wash of grey over the entire model, then removed the excess with q-tips dipped in alcohol. Used about 200 q-tips! Highlighted a few parts with chrome paint. I hope that helps!

-Corey

Lookin great man!!!! I did something similar with a vintage shuttle Tyderium. It turned out pretty nice!

Dave :)

Very nice job. :thumbsup I think ill do the same with mine.

What coulours and brand did you use?

Regads

Alfredo

I used Testor's camo gray for the base, then artist's acrylics for the weathering...neutral gray, burnt sienna, black. The chrome highlights were with Krylon Original Chrome (I think that's what it's called).

-Corey

Hey, PHArchivist, I remember a few years ago when we were both working on and comparing our MPC models...now I need to get an MR and repaint it... yea, like I'll ever own an MR!

That looks great! Man, I can't believe a cheapo toy can look that good. I've always loved the design of the Snowspeeder anyway. Such a cool ship.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back