Serenity - Inara's Powered Crossbow-thing

Kadajiroth

Sr Member
I did a quick search and came up with nothing here, so thought I'd make a thread.

Has anyone thought of recreating Inara's bow, from the from one of the ending scenes of Serenity? By screencapping directly from the movie, I can't seem to get a good look at it. But, I did see this picture of the figure:

Inara20Strikes20Statue.jpg

Does anyone know if the one in this picture is exactly like the one in the film, or at least very close?

Cheers,

Kadajiroth

Last edited:
Re: Inara's Crossbow-thing - Serenity

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember hearing that the bow was completly CGI.

Not that it makes a difference in making a replica, but there probably won't be any found parts, and may be a little difficult making it functional

That thing looks like crap! Maybe it is the angle but that sure doesn't look like Inara to me.

Also I think the crossbow thingy is significantly different from the film one. I'm not positive though.

The bow was CGI.

I watched the movie the other day with the directors commentary on, and he mentions it.

If you keep a close eye out, when they show the group shot before the big attack, they removed the "string" from in front of her face. Shes that damned good!

I think there is a nerf toy that is sort of close though...

Chris

I haven't looked at the scene on the dvd frame-by-frame, so they might have corrected it, but in the film some of the shots still had her holding her un-CG'd recurve bow.

Last edited:

i'm planning to have one for my wife by dragoncon. i'll make sure to post pics of it, should it actually happen :)

They shot her firing a simple red and black long bow. There are pictures of her with the bow. But yeah, in the film they CGI'd a whole new weapon over the long bow, but that still retained the basic function. It's way bigger than the toy pictured (which I agree really doesn't look like Inara, but those crates are spot on! ;)

And to answer the OP's question, No, no one has ever done a replica of the weapon.

Well, Inara's non-CGI bow just went up on the PSOL. Here's the little ditty they wrote about it:

Inara’s (Morena Baccarin) Bow and Two Arrows - Stock # 11287

Inara’s (Morena Baccarin) bow and two arrows made for the sci-fi adventure film Serenity. This hero bow is wrapped in leather and has been painted with a red section where the arrow is released and is strung with elasticated twine. The arrows are made out of a light wood, have black feather fletching and resin tipped pointes which are painted silver. The bow and arrows were used by Inara in the end scenes when the group face the Reavers, but during post-production, the weapon was replaced by a gun with the use of CGI. The bow measures 118cm (46.5”) high, the arrows measure 77cm (30”) long.

Here's the photos the PSOL provided:

Serenity-InaraBow1.jpg
Serenity-InaraBow2.jpg

Serenity-InaraBow3.jpg

Serenity-InaraBow4.jpg

Serenity-InaraBow5.jpg

Serenity-InaraBow6.jpg

Serenity-InaraBow7.jpg

Here's the screencap of the CGI bow:
Picture2.jpg

Here's a publicity photo of the non-CGI bow:
Picture_1.jpg

And, yes SmilingOtter was correct - here's the screencap of Inara holding the non-CGI bow (must've forgot to edit it out):
Picture3.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back