poltergeist clown doll

Someone here had the exact doll that was used in the film. If I recall, they ran across it in some second hand store or antique store. It needed some work, but the buyer managed to restore it.
Sorry I can't tell you more than that, and I don't think anyone on here has attempted to make a replica....yet.

Someone here had the exact doll that was used in the film. If I recall, they ran across it in some second hand store or antique store. It needed some work, but the buyer managed to restore it.
Sorry I can't tell you more than that, and I don't think anyone on here has attempted to make a replica....yet.

GeorgeL is the member. Hopefully he'll chime in here.

Can I jsut say that reading the title of this thread was enough to give me the willies?

You and me BOTH.
I remember visiting San Diego's SEAPORT VILLAGE.

There was a clown shop there, and they HAD that CLown. It was a bit discolored, but was definately the one from the Film. They had been contracted to make it.

I dont think the shop is there anymore, but I will visit SPV and check. Ill ask if they could make another if ANYONE Else wants one..but you are FREAKIN crazy if ya think Ill ever own one.

That scene scared the CRAP out of me.

Frank

I agree that clown doll has to be one of the scariest villians in movie history. Do you guys think i was commercially produced or was it a one of a kind deal?

Who in God's green Earth would, having established the the freakin' clown had MOVED on its own, would look under the bed? My feet would hit the floor as close to the door as I could manage, and stop somewhere in the street. :lol

That would a cool and creepy prop to have, though.

Found this online:

The clown wasn't available for purchase. Doll maker Annette Little made four copies of the Poltergeist clown. Three of them were made for the movie. Annette made the fourth clown for herself with MGM's permission. It was reportedly on display at her San Diego store, "Here Come The Clowns."

Love your Peloquin quote! It used to be my answering machine message.

As for the clown, If anyone takes the reigns, please sculpt the head with a nice face and evil face, that way we can spin the head ourselves.

Would be great to have the nice face showing, then switch it to the evil face when someone falls asleep in the spare bedroom!;)

Pat

Found this online:

The clown wasn't available for purchase. Doll maker Annette Little made four copies of the Poltergeist clown. Three of them were made for the movie. Annette made the fourth clown for herself with MGM's permission. It was reportedly on display at her San Diego store, "Here Come The Clowns."

Is She still alive?

I wonder if she would be up for a run?

I friggin' HATE that clown!!! That thing was the scariest thing in the movie and shaped the way I've viewed clowns ever since... they scare the crap out of me!

Poltergeist started my long time hatred of clowns. Right after I first saw that movie, my grandmother unknowingly sent me a hand made, knitted clown. Unbeknownst to her, it sat in a closet under some blankets for many, many years.

I used to be scared of them, but I got over that (but I still hate them :lol).

-Fred

This one was in a Planet Hollywood. I think it's Vegas.

DSC01048.jpg

Ha! I remember my mother putting one of those framed velvet clown pictures in bedroom when I was about 4. It was creepy. It had a big creepy clown and a bunch of dancing clowns running around the border. My mom might have thought it was cute, but she didn't see it at night. "There's nothing funny about a clown at midnight."

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back