2001 Tele-Pad

joberg

Legendary Member
CIMG2277.JPGCIMG2278.JPGCIMG2279.JPG

Well folks, here's the 2001 A Space Odyssey "Tele-Pad". You can see that prop when the 2 astronauts of Discovery are sitting at a table in the centrifuge. I'm missing the IBM logo, you know the blue lined one (from the '60s). I was wondering if someone on the RPF could help me with that logo. Either a decal/sticker. PM me if you can.

It's amazing how the filmmakers were able to very closely predict what a tablet computer/television would look like. As for your request I'm afraid I can't help you there. :p

Thanks Jim for that. I didn't have as good as an image as you. Seems that it's white lettering on a blue background? It would certainly make my life easier.

Joberg, if you can put together a graphic image that you want, hit up Callie at http://www.callie-graphics.com/.

I've used her services for several projects in the past, and the work has always been top notch. She does single color vinyl, or multi-color high quality printed vinyl.

You may be able to send her the images you have and see if she can put them together for you.

Thanks guys for the feed back. I decided, looking now at the logo, that it would be easy to do myself. No big deal: solid white lettering;) I can do that.

Transformed the Tele-Pad (thanks to Bwood from Propsummit and his high-rez pic) Smaller IBM letters and a blue background. Not sure if the blue is a light of some kind on the original prop. Maybe more transfo in the future!
CIMG2300.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back