Favorite bad sci-fi movie?

I remember seeing this in the 1960's and the only reason I watched it was because Batman was in it, of course he was killed off really fast. I then ended up really liking it and have seen it a number of times since then.

I've only ever seen it once about 20 years ago, its always stuck in my mind. Its never on tv or at least I've never seen it listed again.

Edit* just watched it again on you tube.

Now to find damnation alley......

Last edited:
I love Dark Star - especially the beachball alien and the deadpan humor/acting.
I can't lie. I really like the characters.

Seconded. The production values are understandably rough given that it was a student film, and, yes, it's a hard film to watch with people who aren't science fiction fans – but I love Dark Star, especially the beachball alien in the elevator scene (which was apparently added only after the film had been completed and they were trying to extend the length of it to feature length so that they could get a proper release.)

M

I've only ever seen it once about 20 years ago, its always stuck in my mind. Its never on tv or at least I've never seen it listed again.

Edit* just watched it again on you tube.

Now to find damnation alley......

It's all over youtube. I got the dvd of it for under 10.00 and it has an extra about how they made the Roadmasters.

My God sooooooo goood!
Bruce Dern! Adam Ant! Catherine Mary Stewart! Michael Pare!!!

1988-world-gone-wild-poster1.jpg

The Wraith is on Netflix right now!

I first saw The Wraith back in the 90's when it was on HBO and really liked it, I even have it on tape somewhere. I thought the car and his suit was really bad-ass and loved what it did to the jerks that killed him. This movie also got me liking Charlie Sheen even though now he does his best to get you to not like him.

Monolith Monsters was another one of those well written ones that really shouldn't have worked, the Giant Claw is that way too just with much worse effects lol.

i haven't seen 1/2 of the movies posted. but these pictures sure do bring back memories of being a small boy walking the aisle of block buster video, afraid to look at the shelfs in fear of seeing a scary that would haunt me that night lol

So far all the movies people have listed are ones I like (or at least appreciate on some level) except Star Crash. These movies may be dated, or victims of the technology or production values or aesthetic of the day, some have bad science or weak effects, but none of them (except Star Crash) would I consider bad.

Truly bad movies you don't enjoy watching, despite their faults. You only drag them out to watch when you can inflict them on others so you don't suffer alone. Schadenfreude always wins out. On that list are films like Mutants on the Bounty, Space Mutiny (eternally grateful to MST3K for their treatment of it)... but I will put any of your nominees up againt my list-toppers. They've withstood all challengers or suggested contenders for a quarter-century. The Roller Blade Seven and Return of the Roller Blade Seven. *mic drop*

--Jonah

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back