Armature Nightmare

hiredgun

Hey all,

On a whim I decided to make a clay sculpture of The Hulk. I had made as much research on how to do this as I could and thought that I had most of it figured out...Started with an armature connected to the base and I re-enforced it with steel wire to make it as stiff as possible. And for a while all was well, I didn't take into account that the figure would be too heavy for the armature base. So now the figure cannot be upright. I suppose I need to use a stand that attaches to the figure and the base, however therein lies my problem: How do I attach my figure to a stand without wrecking what I've done. I have attached images to this so that you all can see more clearly what I'm talking about. Any help you all can give would be greatly appreciated. The figure is supposed to be jumping in the air with both fists in full smash mode.

Attachments

• DSCF1505.jpg
    DSCF1505.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • DSCF1506.jpg
    DSCF1506.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112
  • DSCF1507.jpg
    DSCF1507.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • DSCF1508.jpg
    DSCF1508.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • DSCF1509.jpg
    DSCF1509.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • DSCF1510.jpg
    DSCF1510.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
I'd hate to even suggest it but could you put a metal rod up into the body? Once done you could maybe slide it out and replace it with clear acrylic to keep him upright for display too.

I have thought of that but to insert a rod into the body and not have it be connected to the armature, wouldn't it just split the figure as I work on it?

Maybe insert the piece of wire coming out of his foot into a tube of some sort (like K+S brass) up as high as you can into the leg. You'd probably have to redo part of the lower leg, but that's no big deal considering the problem, I'd think.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back