Terminator: Dark Fate

g

Which in your book is a "good thing"? :p

Absolutely! Dude, Mike Post wrote some of the most iconic TV themes of all time.

An incomplete list:

- the Rockford Files
- Law & Order
- The A-Team
- Magnum P.I.
- Doogie Howser, M.D.
- CHiPs

I mean, regardless of what you thought of the shows, when you hear these themes, you know exactly what show it is. And many of them have managed to transcend the TV show and occupy a different space in pop culture all their own. So, yeah, if you're a composer for TV and you get compared to Mike Post? You're doing just fine.

Absolutely! Dude, Mike Post wrote some of the most iconic TV themes of all time

Dude, I know :p :lol I especially love his A-Team and Magnum P.I. themes. They hit very high on my nostalgia meter. Also, as a child, growing up in the 80's I was somewhat of a wunderkind when it came to TV and movie themes. I knew them all by heart.

I never liked DALLAS, but the theme song is :thumbsup

They have had 3 movies now with orchestras and all failed. You can't have a Terminator action scene with some orchestral music, it doesn't work.
Listen to the John Williams score for Raiders of the Lost Ark during the truck chase, how it's exciting chase music because it compliments the action and builds and builds until the climax. You CAN do orchestral scores for T3 - if you know what you are doing and know how to build suspense. Certainly, John Williams is able to do it. Whenever I think about who could actually hit that particular terminator vibe I always think Hans Zimmer.

I love the way they blurred the line between a sound effect and a musical cue in T2. Great subtle work.

The Cameron movies felt a whole notch farther removed from movie-land than all the subsequent flicks. The soundtrack was a big part of that.

Having said that, the T1/T2 style of music sounds very dated to modern audiences. In the case of T1 the soundtrack is the most dated thing about the whole movie. That factor probably played a role in the later movies being done differently.

Yeah, it probably feels dated because of the instruments, but the building pace and notable theme notes for the characters is what is important. It is the fact that it is nearly always present to set the tone in the films. There's barely any of that in T3 and though I liked the style and the main theme in Salvation, it still felt disjointed with the movie and what was happening.

When listening to Zack Hemsey's Mind Heist that has been used in many, many trailers, as well as listening to the latter half of the music in the TFA trailer - THAT kind of music would work with Terminator. And that again brings me back to Hans Zimmer. He seems to be the perfect guy to pick up the mantle from Brad Fiedel - though, I would much more prefer a Fiedel score.

They completely wasted Terry Crews in Salvation, BTW. He would be a GREAT terminator!!!!!!!!

At the premier for Salvation two things happened that almost cost McG his front teeth,
Terry Crews' part was cut to a strait up background character in which he wasnt even aware of until sitting in the theater. He kept his cool as best as he could until after the film ended in which he went after McG to the point he had to be restrained by multiple people and McG ushered out of the room.
The second part of that actually happened first when due to Arnold's fear of being replaced by Roland Kickinger on future projects, Arnold (behind the scenes) had Roland banished from not only the premier but in the DVD extras he is only mentioned as "the body builder". Production was also held up and altered so an Arnold mask would be placed over Rolands head forcing production to CG it out. There is I believe one frame of Rolands actual face in the final cut. Even after all that, Roland hired a limo and attempted to attend the premier in which he was halted by no less than a dozen police and private security being told to leave or be arrested for trespassing. Out of all the tough guys, martial artists, wrestlers and thugs ive worked with, Roland is the one guy I wouldnt mess with yet he is a teddy bear. The guy could rip a wookies arms out of its socket. McG backed Arnold's decision.

At the premier for Salvation two things happened that almost cost McG his front teeth,
Terry Crews' part was cut to a strait up background character in which he wasnt even aware of until sitting in the theater. He kept his cool as best as he could until after the film ended in which he went after McG to the point he had to be restrained by multiple people and McG ushered out of the room.
The second part of that actually happened first when due to Arnold's fear of being replaced by Roland Kickinger on future projects, Arnold (behind the scenes) had Roland banished from not only the premier but in the DVD extras he is only mentioned as "the body builder". Production was also held up and altered so an Arnold mask would be placed over Rolands head forcing production to CG it out. There is I believe one frame of Rolands actual face in the final cut. Even after all that, Roland hired a limo and attempted to attend the premier in which he was halted by no less than a dozen police and private security being told to leave or be arrested for trespassing. Out of all the tough guys, martial artists, wrestlers and thugs ive worked with, Roland is the one guy I wouldnt mess with yet he is a teddy bear. The guy could rip a wookies arms out of its socket. McG backed Arnold's decision.

Got to love all the ego, politics and general BS of filmmaking :rolleyes :facepalm

I hope for a great continuation, this franchise has so much potential and to see the wasted chances for over 20 years is leaving me with less hope, that is until we see what JC has in store. He worked on Avatar for decades, I hope he has some amazing ideas for the next installment

The "won't be back" articles just say the studios aren't interested. No ***** they aren't interested since they will lose the franchise rights before they could even get another movie finished. George Lucas also has no plans to make any more Star Wars movies.

I'm not very encouraged by Cameron coming back either. He's not gonna make another Terminator movie without Arnold, and the franchise won't produce another good movie with Arnold. I also think if Cameron had any good ideas & enthusiasm for more Terminator flicks then he would have made a T3 movie within a few years of T2. At the time Arnie still looked decent and Cameron would have gotten a blank check to do it.

Back in the late 90's a James Cameron T3 was in production at one point. It went as far as soft pre production if memory serves. Seeing as we wont have any Avatar sequels out before Star Wars Ep 9 is released, there is a lot of time to come up with a decent Terminator idea and script. The main issue is the name of the franchise is Terminator so its bound to have a Terminator in it. Thats the solution and the problem at the same time.

Completely agree!!!!! The Terminator franchise peaked at T2, and personally I think they should leave it be, unless as you say they make it more scary and terrifying. A real good gritty movie about a relentless cyborg coming after the main characters. Forget the 'in your face CGI' that hollywood has gotten so wrapped up in, I hope they just concentrate on making it as exciting as the 1st one was. To be perfectly honest, back in the day I would have loved to have seen what Lance Henriksen would have done with the roll. If they do indeed remake it, you really need to feel the terror that the main characters would be feeling!!!!
The only thing that would get me excited at this point is:

1) No more Arnold
2) No more Superman strength & speed terminators
3) No more "guardian" terminator
4) Get back to making it scary!

My gut tells me this is going to be a new Aliens film replaced with Terminators.

During the 90s I got the idea that both universes were linked when I heard Bishop was a "Hyperdyne model" which sounded much like "Cyberdyne model". I thought the factory that produced the Terminators was the same that continued to produce the androids in "Aliens". Due to the bad publicity "Cyberdyne" had because of the Terminator disaster the company was simply renamed into "Hyperdyne". ;)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back