Allo Worm Revisited!!

Dann

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I'll give her a go.

For the life of me, I cannot recall who sculpted this little guy! Please step forward if you know!

So, I've had this little resin cast "Allo Worm" from Labyrinth that someone on the RPF sculpted and sold copies of years and years ago.

Shortly after the run, folks went searching for proper glass eyes to insert into his cranium. I bought a pair as well, with the intention of making the modification some day. Didn't think it'd take 10+ years, but I reckon it did!

I finally grew the balls to Dremel into this little fellow's head after chopping it off with a cutoff wheel. I've gone to town caving out the skull, and it's some pretty serious delicate work. I cannot eff this up! Has to be right the first time! I mean, I'm gonna use some Bondo or something to reattach his head when I'm done, and the brushed paint job from 10+ years ago will get an upgrade, but the seam in the neck will thankfully be covered by his little red scarf.

I never added his blue hairs, but I have them in a baggie, and they'll go on last.

This kind of resin prop surgery is slightly new territory for me, because it's a cast of a creature/character, not a blaster or a lightsaber or anything inanimate.

Y'all wish me luck! Back to hollowing out a worm's skull!!

And if any of you have done this very same project, please chime in with any advice, tips, and please show off your Allo Worm as well!!!

8182da08cbdf9674538d9800be4f804c.jpg

e6137f20ae49c135cac77c55bcd94af9.jpg

22b0cd4adc3899a30043eb6ebca6a005.jpg

4cfa8b3028bc21c1f82c6302b8e2ff00.jpg

I have one of these, from the time they were sold with the face separate, making carving out the insides easier. Yours seems to be the first run. Forgot who sculpted them, but a quick search led me to this thread: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=56896

For the remainder of the carving out the insides I would suggest you switch to jewelers files instead, as the dremel can very easy take out too much and go through the cast. Have had that happen a lot.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back