DryIce

Scote

Hey guys,

I was wondering if someone has try to include dryice on a prop that you can handle. Like a "dryice" lantern or something similar?

I assume you mean dry ice. (Two words)
You could use it, but you certainly better make sure that you have protection so that the prop is not handled by anybody who isn't aware of the dangers of dry ice. Also, working in an enclosed environment is dangerous because dry ice is just frozen carbon dioxide.

TazMan2000

Thanks Taz. I was planning to use it outdoor of cause with some test. But I have room for a chemical stuff so its ventilated properly.

If its for making smoke then it will be safer to tress up a fire extinguisher just make sure to avoid contact with the base, head/neck and end of the horn as those are the areas the frees first.
Also by using a fire extinguisher, you can get it recharged safely.

I loved playing with dry ice as a kid. We would buy it from the local ice cream parlor for a dollar. Hmmm, odd that they never asked us what we were going to do with it... It isn't very practical. If you drop a big chunk in a bucket of water it has instant effects but the water around it starts to freeze, reducing the effect. You also have to carry around an open container of water. We would throw a big chunk in a lake but it would freeze up. Best to throw lots of little chunks in.
Use a glove but a momentary touch won't hurt you.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back