Jagdpanther II close to Scifi

Yeah there was a lot of really cool, crazy concepts that Germany did. I watched a show where they found a manuscript to Hitler's follow up to Mein Kampf where he had an idea for massive tanks that would mount battleship turrets. No idea how they would drive around without sinking, or traverse rivers though!

I collect german WW2 secret documents (well, copies of hem) and you would be surprised what they invented, or tried to build. blueprints and photographs of prototypes are fun to see. some are just plain rediculous, other just brilliant. and it would amaze you how the whole world benefited from german engineers after the war in things you would never think of.

The MAUS tank always interested me. While completely impractical for weight and maneuver, would have taken a beating by any allied tanks before being rendered inoperable. The MAUS was probably the closest thing to Hitler's concept of a land battleship being created, where 3 of them were made. One of which is in a museum in Russia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzer_VIII_Maus

That one was pretty cool. The only problem is that by that time the Allies had air superiority and the U.S. (not sure about other allies) was bringing the M26 Pershing (not sure if it was officially designated that yet) into combat in the final days and it could take on any of the German tanks. The heavier tanks would have just been sitting ducks at that point. Not that they couldn't cause a lot of damage though!

That one was pretty cool. The only problem is that by that time the Allies had air superiority and the U.S. (not sure about other allies) was bringing the M26 Pershing (not sure if it was officially designated that yet) into combat in the final days and it could take on any of the German tanks. The heavier tanks would have just been sitting ducks at that point. Not that they couldn't cause a lot of damage though!

Better than the older small tanks III and IV.
On par with the Tiger.
Not completely on par with the Panther.
Definately not on par with the Königstiger.

The one and only winning part was the air superiority, esspecially the bombers destroying anything that could produce and make stuff to replace the lost or used material

Speaking of "Out there" Paper Panzer, there's the Landkreuzer P1000 in 1/144 scale from Takom.
Basically a naval heavy cruiser or a coastal battery turret on tracks...

Lndk.jpg
comes with those itsy tiny Mauses :)

Last edited:
Not if they got their UFOs up :facepalm

:lol

Speaking of "Out there" Paper Panzer, there's the Landkreuzer P1000 in 1/144 scale from Takom.
Basically a naval heavy cruiser or a coastal battery turret on tracks...

View attachment 700114
comes with those itsy tiny Mauses :)

Yeah that thing is really crazy. Having said in a game like Red Alert, I would love to play with that giant tank! I played the first Company or Heroes game with the expansion, and the German side is definitely more fun with all the cool armor.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back