ESB Deleted Saber Training Scene

Judging from these photo's, Mark handled the saber more ways than one (bunny ears/tall shroud side pointing towards him).

View attachment 699910

View attachment 699911

Also, in one of the Pop Culture Quest promo vids (where he talks about comfort and handling), he grips the ROTJ clamp on the outside (fingers wrapped around it), suggesting that if that were the ESB version, the bunny ears would be facing him, not away from him.

I personally like bunny ears facing Luke. Makes more sense to me. ;)

*ss*

- - - Updated - - -

Where's this pic (188) from? Different ring AND, I hate to admit it, but those are 100% screws that are colored black.

Those first photos are of the ANH stunt which is just a tube with no graflex socket or bunny ears

and the first 3 pics are of the same saber. it is from a Christie's Auction where this was sold to a private collector. its painted silver, the grips are very thin and cut down and it has rivets in the clamp. Yep, those are black phillips heads too, and a riveted D ring using a plate of metal and not a Kobold.

Ha ha, I love that clip. Reminds me of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. "WE CAN'T STOP HERE, IT'S MYNOCK COUNRY!!!"

tumblr_lnkmp1Chn61qd10pyo1_500.gif

tumblr_lnkmp1Chn61qd10pyo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
At work Theres a fat tuning fork with the bottom tapped and a big hex bolt holding it in place. what if they put a hex bolt at the bottom of the bulb socket? hollowed out the center? is the bakelite strong enough for this?

or does that metal cylinder have a tapped hole.

Edited for context.

Last edited:
The Marvel comic is mentioned here and the metal bar prop is also shown:
http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/dagobah/

Thatsprettycool!

my browser keeps loading the webpage with a fault in the word box. The first line won't recognize the spacebar :lol

Anyways, I'm thinking about making a stunt saber and with no exposed screws....did they even use the solid cylinder insert used in the ANH stunt? It seems the other blades on the table at lucasfilm had thinner, maybe threaded sections. I'm wondering of those ran down through the graflex socket like the ROTJ vader saber....and if the bakelite was enough to hold them on place, maybe with a big nut against the bottom where the batteries would go.

Pulling pics from my iPod - no clue what the resolution is!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.3 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 100
Vader's stunt in the middle pic is definitely an MPP, but I don't know what he's holding in the third pic

04c6227ebc91d577efa0de5c3b079630.jpg` at some point the bunny ears were removed from one of them...the rotj Vader stunt perhaps, in it's early days?

- - - Updated - - -

Vader's stunt in the middle pic is definitely an MPP, but I don't know what he's holding in the third pic
Oh!

That also is an MPP, with the wires too! one sec..empire07b-vi.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Although I suppose Luke used the graflex without the bunny ears too - 34b9a3b5aec750b0733a185d64c70257.jpg

Run run run jump, I can be your back pack while you run!

I listen to this at least once a day...a long with the other two. Not the future is my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those "Bad Lip Reading" videos are hilarious!

I totally lost it at Admiral Ackbar saying "Pop,pop,pop. Pop, pop, POP, pop, pop, POP! POP, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop! Ya know?"

Was laughing so hard I couldn't see through the tears and totally missed the "Egyptian Feet" line until the third time through!

Thanks for the laughs @zyates87 !!!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back