Fire Emblem: Fates Corrin armor

partyhatcat

Hey guys!

Several months ago I made Corrin's armor from FE: Fates (and Smash) for a commission, and it was largely a success. It was made using 3mm/6mm EVA foam covered with four-way stretch vinyl, and the individual pieces were glued together with contact cement and reinforced with Zap a Gap. On the inside, I lined it with Gorilla tape to help retain its shape and further reinforce it, which worked fantastically, but it didn't look very professional (better than scribbled-on foam w/ vinyl flaps everywhere, however).

I'm currently making another set, and soon that lining will be back to haunt me. Does anybody have any suggestions for a better look while serving the same function? Or does it really matter what the inside looks like as long as the outside is fine?

Here are a few finished pics of the first set for reference:
5a3a042d56c2924998a92e1df63bbdf7.jpg

067ed148b460a433f1db210815dd1438.jpg

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hey guys!

Several months ago I made Corrin's armor from FE: Fates (and Smash) for a commission, and it was largely a success. It was made using 3mm/6mm EVA foam covered with four-way stretch vinyl, and the individual pieces were glued together with contact cement and reinforced with Zap a Gap. On the inside, I lined it with Gorilla tape to help retain its shape and further reinforce it, which worked fantastically, but it didn't look very professional (better than scribbled-on foam w/ vinyl flaps everywhere, however).

I'm currently making another set, and soon that lining will be back to haunt me. Does anybody have any suggestions for a better look while serving the same function? Or does it really matter what the inside looks like as long as the outside is fine?

Here are a few finished pics of the first set for reference:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170118/5a3a042d56c2924998a92e1df63bbdf7.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170118/067ed148b460a433f1db210815dd1438.jpg

Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That's pretty spot on. I assume this is male Corrin too.
I wish the mannequin underneath was wearing blue instead, for a more accurate look with just these pics. I hope you can get your buyer to send you pics so we can see the full thing in action.

Did you make the rest of it, or just the torso piece? Does it allow for a cape to fit in too? As Corrin does wear one with this armor, which is his/her Nohr Prince/princess class.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back