Jaws Viper Finished

3phase

Sr Member
Thought I would put my build up on here.

Don't have a before pic but these parts had a ton of resin that I needed to get off. As I don't have a bench sander I had to improvise and clamped my orbital sander to the bench and made quick work sanding off the extra resin tho I had to be carful as only had a coarse sanding belt.

IMAG0028_zpsfvf34pr7.jpg

IMAG0029_zpsfmctvw2z.jpg

IMAG0299_zpsttlhs0al.jpg

OK what I have seen on most builds and this is probably screen accurate is the front of the viper looks to be sticking up and not strait with the engines etc. This pic I have exaggerated it to show what I mean.

IMAG0030_zpsngm9royv.jpg

With mine in the pic below I have sanded a few areas so I can try to get it as straight as possible with the engines and wings.

IMAG0031_zpsirooxaen.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

the rear plate.

IMAG0120_zpsnvpvg2q0.jpg

IMAG0122_zpssrus4rhc.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

OK as one of the guns was snapped and the other bent and the phantom11 kit to pricy I decided to use brass pipe. Got this pipe from eBay 3,4,5,6 & 8mm at 200mm long for only $9.25 delivered.
Yes there not screen accurate but I like them. Cut off the barrel part then drilled a 3mm hole up there to take the 3mm pipe.

IMAG0295_zps18pyv6jp.jpg

IMAG0298_zpsnvscohxv.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

OK done some work on the cockpit and was not fun.
I only have them sitting there. Im thinking of gluing the cockpit together but not to the model then carefully cutting of the part that is part of the casting so then I can remove the cockpit to make painting easier. then I can glue the cockpit on after painting.

IMAG0308_zpsxhfs5t0u.jpg

IMAG0307_zpsqtfzlndx.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Jaws Viper

OK was ready to paint and remembered that the rectangle shaped hole/void was not on my engine end part. I didn't realise they were in the kit but Jase had given me ones without it. He was going to send a new can for me but I opted to scratch these in myself as I have the Leopold part.

Here what I should have

IMAG0159_zpsne7yb6mj.jpg

Mine
IMAG0158_zpshsar7n27.jpg

Nice work. What did you use for your top coat?
I want to build one of these some day, got to get some other stuff done first though.

Nice work. What did you use for your top coat?
I want to build one of these some day, got to get some other stuff done first though.

Its mainly just Humbrol matt white - number 34

I did mix a little grey with it the first time but was to grey so I put another quick coat of just white over it.

Beautiful kit, super work! I have a question, what kit parts make up the gun/cannons?

I only know 2 of the 4 needed. Leopold for the end cap. The triangular part just before the barrels is the part of the wheel assembly from the phantom F-4j

I did not know what the barrels are from so I used brass pipe as in a post above

Tried to do something a bit different but didn't turn out that great but will do.

Painted the underside of the clear engine inserts with red. Then painted only the raised parts on the other side with a flat black.

IMAG0259_zps5uuvqdaz.jpg

IMAG0261_zpsrw6z8kfo.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back