Pip-Boy Custom Boot Animation

LoneWanderer

Here is the first iteration of the boot screen loop I made for my pipboy. Basically a rough draft outline for what the finished product will look like later. I need to redo the vault tec logo and the RobCo design needs to be cleaned up a bit too. The nice thing about the small resolution of these boot screens for android is that you can get away with little details not being perfect since the detail won't come through clearly anyway on most of the small screens. Still need to properly scale it and go through to redo some of the timing and audio as well but I felt like sharing this since I haven't posted anything on my projects in a while. This guy will be used eventually in my Pip-boy build as the android boot screen, in order to mimic what I think would be a proper boot screen animation in the Fallout Universe.

Enjoy!

Edit: Just for a quick explanation, I used the pipboy app boot screen and spliced in my own logo creations (rough drafts) to test out the look and feel of the boot. I kinda felt like the original boot screen used in Fallout 4 for the pipboy was a little plain so I added the company screens from Vault Tec and RobCo that would likely be used in the Fallout universe. The sounds are also ripped from the companion app and looped for length/adjusted to match up with my short little boot animation. This was all done in an afternoon using Lightworks, the free video editing software. Any questions are welcome and I'll add my updated version later on as I get them done.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is awesome.

But I think some of the logos are a but off on the proportions. Check out my vector-art Vault-Tec and other logos here.
I also have a vector art version of a Pip-Boy screen in there. The SVG files can be edited in any vector art program such as Inkscape, Corel or Illustrator.

Eventually I will need something like this for my functional Pip-Boy design. I had planned on making it part of a larger app though.

Hey thanks a lot man!
Haha yeah my logos are a bit wonky on the boot and I have to redo them. This was mostly just a test to see how it looked and sounded and I'm mostly happy with the sound aspects. Not so much the visuals especially the logos. But that's what rough drafts are for!

I'll check out your vector artwork, I have no idea how to work with those at the moment, so I'll take a shot at moving that into my color scheme for the boot. I'll check it out for sure because if it's the one I remember it was spot on to the vault tec logo.

The simplest way is to open the SVG file in a browser, zoom in and screenshot it.
The better way is to download Inkscape. (Free vector art program), open them and export them to the size of raster file (PNG, BMP, JPEG) that you want.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back