AAARRRGGHH!!! from Dreamworks' Trollhunters [First Project...ever]

bulgogi19

Hi everyone,

So after binge watching a bunch of Frank Ippolito's videos on Tested, I decided to try and sculpt up a small figure of a character from a Netflix animated series called Trollhunters . As an aside, I have no idea what I'm doing outside of what I have learned from reading posts here and videos on Youtube, so any advice is greatly appreciated!

I chose this character as my first ever project of this type because he seemed like a relatively simple shape with few details. I've started sculpting with some Chavant NSP Medium and some Mini Ribbon sculpting tools. I hope to make a mold of this guy in OOMOO and then try casting in Smooth Cast 325. I'll do my best to update with WIP pictures if there's any interest

c85f74ec2bc7970558353a97d1c667df.jpg
2ae29b62cd4c3c3c51a316abf128c6cf.jpg
620bde639eb779919c6051f3546e3905.jpg
c91d4ae37e91b879f2ec95e851bc9135.jpg

Aaargh sculpt WIP https://imgur.com/gallery/5FHFD

Last edited:
I think you really nailed his overall form, he just feels massive and heavy! I'd love to see this when it's finished.

Congrats on the first project btw! I haven't had time to take that leap myself unfortunately (though I'm secretly dying to get some Monster clay and go to town). Until then I'll just drool over everyone else's work :p

Awww man thanks ! That's definitely the feeling I'm going for, though it feels strange leaving his legs so tiny. Also, it's a ton of fun so far!

Last edited:
Are you gonna paint it?
I might give painting a go once I cast it, but I hadn't realized how expensive getting the silicone would be to make a mold this size [emoji25] so I've since put this guy on the back burner to work on a few smaller projects. I may look into getting some more affordable silicone than the OOMOO I was looking at.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back