Vader MPP bubble mounting

They're here!

I'm pretty happy with them, but the real test is you all. Let me know what you think.

slothfurnace_mpp_01.jpg

slothfurnace_mpp_02.jpg

The gold color is a bit different compared to teecrooz' sample, but I did not choose the extra gold dip, would have been much more expensive.

slothfurnace_mpp_03.jpg

Here I just laid a couple bubble strips on top, to check the spacing. It all seems fine to me.

slothfurnace_mpp_04.jpg

As I mentioned previously, I want to try a dab of silver solder on the square tabs just to get the color of the LED emitters there under the bubble strip.

These cards will be available tonight when I get time to shoot the product photo for the site at www.slothfurnace.com at the clamp card section. Will post again when the link is live.

Just ordered 2 of the silver solder.

However the description says $25 for the silver solder, but when you select the solver solder to put it in the cart it says $20..??

Just ordered 2 of the silver solder.

However the description says $25 for the silver solder, but when you select the solver solder to put it in the cart it says $20..??

Yes, the price should be only $20 for silver solder. I'll fix that.

It's what I get for trying to edit my HTML on the fly in a text editor at work during lunch when I am supposed to be playtesting SWTOR.

Edit: Fixed pricing description. $15 plain, $20 silver soldered square LED pads.

Just beware of fibreglass dust when you cut it!
When I cut fibreglass circuit boards, I lay out paper on the desk and mount the vacuum cleaner's nozzle close to have it suck particles from the air.
And yes, breathing mask.

I think the real colour of the actual PCB is a light blue, though.
You could get the solder mask off by letting it soak in sodium peroxide (caustic soda). It is the main part of drain cleaner but some brands could contain other chemicals that could damage the metal, so be wary. Use eye protection with this!
Then the board could be dyed with either RIT dye (make sure it is light blue!) or a marker pen. The marker pen might be easier if you are able to find a good brand.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back