Vader MPP bubble mounting

The edges being filed like that makes total sense. In the chronicles pics of the Vader ANH V1, it looks as if the bubbles are sticking out over the lip of the clamp. It stands to reason that they would have filed the edges of that bubble strip, thus making the bubbles stick out as they do.

Any word on Slothfurnace's ESB vader cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why yes, yes there is...

mpp_card_02.jpg

As far as I can tell I have replicated the front and back side of the card. Please all have a look at this to make sure it will line up with the bubblestrip as described in this thread.

Any changes needed, I would like to have complete by end of week, so I can get these cards made.

Can you extend the card out to the left still? It is important for being able to flip the bubbles. There is a mirror image effect.

Can you extend the card out to the left still? It is important for being able to flip the bubbles. There is a mirror image effect.

I was under the impression that the peaks of the bubbles would line up with the via pads with holes in the card. As the card sits now, those line up, unless I am missing something.

I can, of course, extend the card out more, which might be fine to do if you all are planning on sanding it down anyway. I could conceivably make these as long as my other cards for anyone wanting to use these in a normal graflex style clamp. Those of you wanting it for an MPP clamp would be sanding them down anyway, I suppose?

Also, my manufacturer offers the exact same thickness as the card supplied for reference, so that is good.

Quick question - what type of adhesive would be best for attaching The circuit card to the bubbles?
Im assuming something that dries clear?

This is such an awesome thread! The information that we learn & share is just amazing. God I love the RPF!!!
& Sloth I can't wait to get a few of these cards! Thank you!

None needed ;) the clamp holds both in place

Yeah, but the way the card is shown to be cut doesn't suggest anything will be holding the card to the bubble strip.

Am I correct in assuming that the bubble strip edges will be the only thing part in the clamp slots and The card edges will not he in the clamp slots?

Ok everyone, So if there are no visible changes that anyone sees that need to be done on the board layout, I'll get this prepped for production.

Blue or green board?

Matte or shiny soldermask/surface?

How many to start? I was thinking 50.

Is everyone cool with the size? You'll be trimming/sanding the board down to fit.

All interested parties please weigh in on this today, I would like to get the first batch back in hand to debut at Philip's North Texas Prop party in Dallas in March.

Ok everyone, So if there are no visible changes that anyone sees that need to be done on the board layout, I'll get this prepped for production.

Blue or green board?

Is everyone cool with the size? You'll be trimming/sanding the board down to fit.

All interested parties please weigh in on this today, I would like to get the first batch back in hand to debut at Philip's North Texas Prop party in Dallas in March.

Thanks Sloth.
Im down for two!

Ill weigh in on the card color laters.
Gotta review some pics.

Blue or green board?

Green, matte :D
Same size as the cut bubble strip or bigger should be fine. Thanks a LOT for doing this ;) for too long have there been replicas of all other circuit boards, except this particular one.

Also down for two

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, but the way the card is shown to be cut doesn't suggest anything will be holding the card to the bubble strip.

Am I correct in assuming that the bubble strip edges will be the only thing part in the clamp slots and The card edges will not he in the clamp slots?

Well I cut mine to be the same width as the bubble strip, and from what Sloth is saying it seems you should be able to have it be whatever width you want :D

I just have a question. What are the green squares on the rendering, the mask surface? Should they be moved down onto the squares and not on the "loops"?

I personally believe the pcb was blue, but am fine with green. I would pick up two either way.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back