Vader MPP bubble mounting

Awesome. Will definitely buy one for my Vader saber!

That would actually be very helpful. It will be really something to recreate one of these cards without having to do photoshop magic on blurry screen grabs.

looking at these photos, it'd probably be a good idea to recreate both sides. Since no other card layout is this size.

Here's my Exactra bubbles and card installed in my Parks MPP. Don't ask me how I managed to do it but I cut the card down with the circuit going the wrong direction. I was so careful about the bubbles and measurements and when I installed it looked off and I couldn't figure out why -- then I saw it and I wanted to scream. I have an Exactra 19 I haven't touched but it's the lighter olive green color.

I've half considered cutting the one end off and gluing to the other to get it going the right direction.

A run of circuit boards would be great! One of the things about using an original Exactra board is that the LEDs sit proud of the board a few thousands of an inch and they're sharp so they scratch the heck out of the bubble strip, lol.

DSC_0002s.jpg

Cheers,

Dave

Here's my Exactra bubbles and card installed in my Parks MPP. Don't ask me how I managed to do it but I cut the card down with the circuit going the wrong direction. I was so careful about the bubbles and measurements and when I installed it looked off and I couldn't figure out why -- then I saw it and I wanted to scream. I have an Exactra 19 I haven't touched but it's the lighter olive green color.

I've half considered cutting the one end off and gluing to the other to get it going the right direction.

A run of circuit boards would be great! One of the things about using an original Exactra board is that the LEDs sit proud of the board a few thousands of an inch and they're sharp so they scratch the heck out of the bubble strip, lol.

View attachment 699692

Cheers,

Dave

That brings up a point I'd like to ask you all. What do you all want for the LED emitter dies, as I can't get those made. Just a bare pad? A visual approximation of the LED die?

Also, once I get the pattern made, it won't be any trouble to get blue, or green or any color soldermask my manufacturer provides. I'll just need a sort of consensus on the first run.

That would actually be very helpful. It will be really something to recreate one of these cards without having to do photoshop magic on blurry screen grabs.

looking at these photos, it'd probably be a good idea to recreate both sides. Since no other card layout is this size.

Green pcb in the mail!

I'll definitely be picking up a couple boards. I've got a vintage exactra, but it still works and I can't bring myself to cut it up. Professionally produced replica cards would be the perfect solution.

the lenght of the board is 4cm, the width is the width of the bubble window, so it can fit inside the window as chaim mentionned adding pictures of hollywood museum display.
Then you have the 3 golden lines on each side and the 6 holes with golden round cut on top and bottom and extension to a tin square plating.

Just arrived! I'll be starting this layout tomorrow. I'm glad you sent me a copy, this is a thinner pcb than my other cards.

These me will be available on my site when the first batch comes in.
Will these be under cards, or a card with the bubble?

Will these be under cards, or a card with the bubble?

The ones I will provide are card only. You'll have to source the bubblestrip elsewhere.

Question- will you be keeping the green color or making a blue one?

That all depends on what people agree should be made first. Eventually, if sales are good, I can justify doing other colors, but I'd like a consensus on the "most wanted" color first.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back