Aluminum parts for DST TOS Tricorder?

Electrode

Hello, new to the board. I am a member of a number of Prop related groups on Facebook. I'm adding custom electronics to one of my Diamond Select tricorders. But have been told I would be wasting my time doing a serious upgrade to a toy tricorder. A number of members have told me there are aluminum part upgrades for the DST. I can't find anything on the web indicating such parts are available. If anyone knows of a place or fabricator that offers aluminum part upgrades for the DST, I would appreciate a point in the right direction. I know there are other kits with aluminum parts offered, but I have enough tied up in the tricorders I currently have and would like to used them before I consider other options in the way of kits. Thank you!

Are you a member of the FB Star Trek Prop Enthusiasts group? If so, there's a member there who offers what you seek.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back